Thursday 27 January 2022

Seven 2022 Book To Screen Adaptations I'm Excited About

 I love a book to movie or TV adaptation. I used to keep up with upcoming adaptations and read the book in preparation for the adaptations release but I have gotten out of that habit in recent years. I figured I would try to get back to that a little this year and decided to look into the upcoming adaptations. I found a few that I am excited about that I thought I would share.




 

1. The Hating Game - This has already released elsewhere but is coming to the UK at some point in 2022. This is the movie adaptation of Sally Thorne's novel, which I read last year and didn't love as much as everyone else seems to. I love Lucy Hale, though, so I am excited for the movie.


2. Bridgerton Season 2 - The second book in the Bridgertons series, The Viscount Who Loved Me, is my favourite of the series so far and is the book the second season of the show is based on. I started reading the series after falling in love with the first season of the show so I can't wait for the second season.


3. Luckiest Girl Alive - This is a movie adaptation of a book I read years ago. The Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll follows a seemingly perfect woman with a traumatic past, the secrets of which are tearing her apart. I wasn't a fan of the book but I am interested to see how they take this story to the screen.


4. Daisy Jones And The Six - One of the most popular books of the past few years, Daisy Jones And The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, is being adapted into a TV series. I have not yet read this book and didn't really have much interest in it until Sam Claflin was announced as part of the cast of the adaptation. Now I will definitely be picking it up and watching the show when it is released.


5. Anatomy Of A Scandal - This is a thriller that I have not read but the premise sounds interesting. The TV series adaptation is pitched as for fans of Scandal, a show I really loved, so that has me hooked already. I believe it is to do with a politician accused of committing a crime and follows the court case that ensues.


6. She Said - This is an adaptation of a non-fiction novel that is on my TBR. The book is written by two journalists who broke the news of the Harvey Weinstein's sexual harassment. I believe the adaptation is a dramatisation of the book.


7. After Ever Happy - The final instalment in the After series is coming and I am both excited and very sad about it. I have never read the books but the movies are my absolute guilty pleasure and I have watched them far more than is considered normal. I am excited to see this story reach it's conclusion but also don't want it to end.


Those are seven book to movie or TV adaptations due to be released in 2022 that I am excited for. I'm sure there will be some I have missed as I can never keep up with movie and TV news. 

What upcoming book to screen adaptation are you most excited for?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment