Saturday 8 January 2022

2021 End Of Year Book Survey

 This survey, created by Perpetual Page Turner, is one of my favourite things that I do every year. It's a great way of looking back at the year's reading and is just a lot of fun to do. It is a pretty lengthy survey though, so let's get into it.




Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 80
Number Of Rereads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance

Best In Books

1. Best book you read in 2021?
The Simple Wild by KA Tucker. I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did but I adored it. It is the one book that has stuck with me since I read it and I think about it all the time.

2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't?
Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson. I love Morgan Matson and after waiting so long since her previous release I was so excited about this one. However, it just really wasn't for me. I was so sad that I didn't love this like I wanted to.

3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?
Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh. This is so completely different to what I normally read that I wasn't expecting to love it like I did. I was completely hooked the whole time I was reading and I'm now interested in reading more books like this.

4. Book that you "pushed" the most people to read (and they did)?
I don't really push people to read books I love because I'm worried they won't like them. I did get a couple of my friend to read The Duke And I by Julia Quinn after they loved the show.

5. Best series you started in 2021? Best sequel? Best series ender of 2021?
The obvious answer is The Simple Wild series but I also started and have been really enjoying the Bergman Brothers series by Chloe Liese. I love the Bergman family and all three of the books in the series that I have read have featured adorable romances.

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2021?
I read so many amazing new-to-me authors in 2021 that I have a whole post planned talking about them. If I had to choose just one, I would probably have to say Brittainy C Cherry. I fell in love with her after reading Eleanor & Grey and then continued loving the other books I read from her.

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I have mentioned it already but definitely Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh. Definitely not my usual type of book but I loved it.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of 2021?
I can't say Thirteen again so I'll go with The Guest List by Lucy Foley. I definitely couldn't put this one down, I had to keep reading and find out how it all ended.

9. Book you read in 2021 that you would be most likely to re-read next year?
I think Forever Wild by KA Tucker will be something I re-read every Christmas season to get me into the festive mood. It's such a lovely, cosy festive novella that gives me the chance to spend Christmas with some of my favourite characters.

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2021?
Wild At Heart by KA Tucker. I love the covers of all the books in this series.

11. Most memorable character of 2021?
Penelope Featherington is my favourite character in the Bridgertons series (both book and TV series), I just love her.

12. Most beautifully written book of 2021?
Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevado. This is written in verse and is so beautifully written.

13. Most thought-provoking/life changing book of 2021?
The Only Plane In The Sky by Garrett M Graff. This was such a powerful and thought-provoking book detailing the events of 9/11.

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2021 to finally read?
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L Armentrout. I have owned this book since 2014 but only just picked it up in 2021. I need to stop having books on my TBR for that length of time.

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2021?
I still don't keep any notes of quotes that I enjoy, I need to start doing this.

16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2021?

17. Book that shocked you the most?
I'm going to have to say Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh again.

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!)
I'm obviously going to choose Calla and Jonah from The Simple Wild for this.

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Eleanor's relationship with Grey's children in Eleanor & Grey by Brittainy C Cherry. I loved seeing their relationship develop.

20. Favourite book you read in 2021 from an author you read previously?
I couldn't choose just one for this so it's between Destination Anywhere by Sara Barnard and People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry. Both authors I loved and really adored their newest releases.

21. Best book you read in 2021 that you read based solely on a recommendation?
Pretty much everything I read is based on recommendations from booktube and bookstagram so I can't really choose just one.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2021?
Ivan Lukov from From Lukov With Love by Mariana Zapata. I loved him so much.

23. Best 2021 debut you read?
I think Shipped by Angie Hockman was the only 2021 debut I read.

24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read in 2021?
I promise I read other books in 2021 but I can't not say the Alaskan setting of The Simple Wild series. Particularly in Wild At Heart and Forever Wild, I felt like I was living in the town with them.

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
People We Meet On Vacation by Emily Henry. I had so much fun reading this book.

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2021?
A lot of book made me cry in 2021, but nothing made me sob quite like The Simple Wild by KA Tucker.

27. Hidden gem of the year?
Destination Anywhere by Sara Barnard. I haven't heard anyone talk about this book but I absolutely loved it.

28. Book that crushed your soul?
Eleanor & Grey by Brittainy C Cherry definitely had moments that crushed my soul.

29. Most unique book you read in 2021?
Rush by Kandi Steiner is pretty unique as it is written like a season of a TV show, which was a lot of fun.

30. Book that made you the most mad?
Nothing really made me that mad but I guess Lost Girls by Robert Kolker did a bit as I got really frustrated by the way this was written.

Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2021 but will be your number one priority in 2022?
A Promised Land by Barack Obama. I had planned to read this in 2021 and did start it but wasn't able to finish before my library hold expired. There's still a massive hold list for the audio at my library but I would like to get to this as soon as I can.

2. Book you are most anticipating in 2022 (non-debut)?
Book Lovers by Emily Henry. I have loved everything I have read by Emily Henry so I'm excited for her next release.

3. Series ending/sequel you are most anticipating in 2022?
Obviously it is going to be Running Wild by KA Tucker. I can't even tell you how excited I am to see these characters again.

4. One thing you hope to accomplish in your reading/blogging life in 2022?
I say this every year but I would really like to be able to get on top of blogging and have things planned and written in advance to make it more manageable. In term of reading, I would really like to discover more about what I love in certain genres, specifically what I love in romance.

I would say that pretty much covers my whole reading year. This is such a fun way to look back at my reading in 2021 and look ahead to 2022. 

What question in the survey do you find the most interesting?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment