Monday 17 January 2022

2022 Goals

 I love this part of a new year! The fresh start and the chance to make new goals for yourself in the upcoming year. I always find making reading goals at the beginning of the year really gives me the motivation to get reading and gets me excited to find my new favourite books. I'm trying not to be too ambitious with my goals this year but I always get a bit over excited and get carried away.



Goodreads Reading Challenge

I have always set my Goodreads goal as 50 books but after surpassing that the past two years I have decided to push myself this year. I had my goal set at 100 books for some of last year but reduced it when it became clear that wouldn't happen. As I managed to read a total of 80 books during a pretty mental year for me, I thought I would try and challenge myself again this year and set my 2022 Goodreads Challenge goal at 100 books.


Buzzword Challenge

This was one of my favourite things I did last year so I am excited to do it again this year. This challenge comes from Kayla from booksandlala's Buzzword Readathon. She has compiled a list of buzzwords for each month of the year which can be used as either a year long reading challenge or as prompts for a week long readthon each month of the year. I completed it as a challenge last year and will be attempting to do the same in 2022.


Read The Books I Own

This is not a new goal for me. I think I have made this a goal every single year I have had this blog and I still fail miserably every year. Once again, I really want to try and prioritise the books I already own, either physically or as an ebook. I have around 150 unread physical books and around 110 unread ebooks, some of which I have owned since 2012. I need to get these numbers down this year, both by reading them and by getting rid of the ones I am no longer interested in.


Reread Books

I didn't reread a single book in 2021! That is crazy to me as rereading is one of my favourite things. I love diving back in to a story I have already fallen in love with and being with characters I enjoy all over again. I want to try and reread more again in 2022. I would like to do at least one reread a month but I'm never great at sticking to that so just more would be enough for me.


Read More Non Fiction

This is similar to my last goal, I love nonfiction but don't read enough of it. I only read 8 nonfiction books in 2021, which is nothing considering I read 80 books. Again, I would love to read at least one a month but I know that doesn't really work for me so I would like to just read more than I did last year.


Read More Diversely

I am so ashamed that I am having to make this a 'goal' again this year, as I feel it should be something I just do. I did not do a good enough job of reading more from authors who are not white in 2021 and I need to do better this year. 


Review Every Book

This one is a goal that I am already doubting my ability to do. I would really love to review every single book I read this year, even if it is just a couple of sentences on Goodreads. I don't necessarily want to review every book on the blog, I think I'll probably just do that with favourites or new releases, but I would like to review every book on Goodreads and most of them on Instagram as well. I'm terrible at keeping on top of reviews so this will be a struggle but I'm hoping I can do it.


Those are my main reading goals for 2022. I do have some other goals relating to blogging and the book community in general, as well as some personal goals, but I think reading goals are the most interesting. I really am hoping to be able to stay blogging this year, with no big long breaks, but I know life can be crazy and unpredictable.

What are your goals for 2022?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment