Tuesday 18 January 2022

Top Ten 2021 Releases I Didn't Get To

 


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and this week's theme is 2021 releases that you wanted to read but didn't get to. With so many great books being published each year, it is hard to get around to all of the books I am anticipating. I am also just terrible at keeping up with new releases in general so I have quite a few still on my TBR that I hope to get to soon.

1. Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas - This is the prequel to The Hate U Give following Starr's father. I'm still really excited to read this one, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

2. The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary - I read The Flatshare in 2021 so was super excited to read more from this author. This is one I hope to get to soon.

3. Sunkissed by Kasie West - I have read every one of Kasie West's contemporary novels so this was one of my most anticipated releases. I have since drifted away from YA and lost a bit of my excitement for this book but I would still like to pick it up.

4. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston - This was super hyped prior to it's release, which made me excited for it to. I have heard great things but haven't gotten to it yet.

5. Reel by Kennedy Ryan - I discovered Kennedy Ryan in 2020 and completely fell in love with her writing. I was highly anticipating this release, I don't know why I still haven't picked it up.

6. The Mixtape by Brittainy C Cherry - Brittainy C Cherry is another author I discovered last year and fell in love with. I want to read everything she ever writes so I hope to get to this one soon.

7. It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey - This is one I wasn't really anticipating but after hearing so many amazing things, I'm now desperate to read it! I read a couple of Tessa Bailey's books last year and enjoyed them, so I 'm excited for this one.

8. Sweethand by NG Peltier - This was a debut that I was highly anticipating in 2021. The premise sounded like my kind of book and the cover is beautiful, I just never got to picking it up.

9. With You Forever by Chloe Liese - I read the first three books in the Bergman Brother's series in 2021 and really enjoyed them all. This is the fourth book in the series and I am so excited to finally get to it soon.

10. Freckles by Cecelia Ahern - Cecelia Ahern is one of my favourite authors but I am terrible at keeping up with her new releases. This book has such a unique premise, as do all of her books, and I can't wait to dive into this story.

Those are ten 2021 releases that I really meant to get to last year but just didn't get the chance to. I hope to get to at least some of them this year, hopefully pretty soon.

Have you read any of these? Which one should I pick up first?

Sophie :)

6 comments:

  1. Concrete Rose was really interesting, but I adored The Hate U Give and thought that was better. I loved One Last Stop though I wasn't expecting to- it was a delightful surprise! Hope you get to that one soon! I started Eight Perfect Hours but wasn't able to finish before it was due back at the library, and now I'm out of the "holiday season" reading mode. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concrete Rose is definitely high on my TBR for this year, The Hate U Give was my favourite book of the year I read it so I have super high hopes!

      Delete
  2. The Road Trip and any book by Kasie West were ones that I meant to get to last year. I have The Distance Between Us by Kasie checked out and hope to read it soon. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/top-ten-tuesday-2021-releases-i-still.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Distance Between Us is one of my favourite Kasie West books so I would definitely recommend it. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I'm debating on reading a Beth O'Leary book myself. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/2022-resolutions-and-goals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed The Flatshare so I'm hoping her other books will be a hit for me too. I hope you enjoy them if you decide to pick one up.

      Delete