Thursday 6 January 2022

2021 Bookish Statistics

 One of my favourite things about the new year is getting to look back at the year before and examine my bookish statistics. I'm really not a statistics person normally but I love looking back at my reading this way. I find it so interesting to see how my reading has changed over the years. My reading has changed a lot in this past year in particular, so I'm interested to see how these statistics differ from last year.



Number Of Books Read...

- In Total: 80

- Under 250 Pages: 19

- Between 250-300 Pages: 6

- Between 300-400 Pages: 41

- Between 400-500 Pages: 13

- Over 500 Pages: 1


Number Of Pages Read...

- In Total: 23, 999


Number Of...

- Physical Books: 5

- eBooks: 25

- Audiobooks: 33

- Mixed (eg Physical & Audio): 17

- Rereads: 0

- DNFs: 6

- New Releases: 12

- Backlist Titles: 68


Number Of Books Rated...

- 5 Stars: 10

- 4.5 Stars: 1

- 4 Stars: 21

-3.5 Stars: 5

- 3 Stars: 33

- 2.5 Stars: 3

- 2 Stars: 6

- 1.5 Stars: 0

- 1 Star: 0

(1x Not Rated)


Authors Read...

- New To Me: 53

- Read Previously: 9


Number Of...

- Adult Books: 64

- YA Books: 8

- NA Books: 8

- MG Books: 0

- Romance: 50

- Historical Romance: 5

- Contemporary/Women's Fiction: 13

- Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Paranormal: 1

- Mystery/Thriller: 3

- Non-Fiction: 8


This & That

- Longest By Pages: The Only Plane In The Sky: An Oral History Of 9/11 by Garrett M Graff

- Shortest By Pages: The Babysitter by Jack Harbon

- Longest By Title: The Only Plane In The Sky: An Oral History Of 9/11 by Garrett M Graff

- Shortest By Title: Set by Alexandria House

- Longest On My TBR: A Groom With A View by Sophie Ranald

- Shortest On My TBR: Forever Wild by KA Tucker

- First Read Of 2021: The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary

- Last Read Of 2021: Christmas At Carly's Cupcakes by Jessica Redland


Some of these statistics are expected while others are a bit of a surprise. My page numbers are not dramatically different to previous years, my average page length was a little shorter at around 300 pages and I didn't read as many longer books. I really got into audiobooks in 2020 so it is no surprise to me that I read more than half of my 2021 books on audio, whether that be solely audio or along with a physical or ebook copy. My ratings were a bit of a surprise to me. I had more 5 star reads than previous years but I really didn't think I had read so many 3 star reads. My biggest change in 2021 is definitely the age demographic of the books I am reading. This was the first year I really didn't read much YA, having been an almost exclusively YA reader for so long. Being in my late twenties, it was probably about time this change happened. Unsurprisingly, I read predominantly romance in 2021. This was definitely expected but I didn't realise how little I had read outside of the romance genre. 

This definitely gives me something to think about ahead of making my 2022 goals.

What is your favourite statistic to look at when it gets to the end of the year?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment