Monday 9 November 2020

Down The TBR Hole: Version 2, Round 3

 


Down The TBR Hole was created by Lost In A Story to sort out your Goodreads Want To Read shelf. The idea is to sort your Want To Read Shelf by date added from oldest to newest, look at the books 5-10 at a time and decide if you are still interested in reading them. If you're not interested, off they go. 

In the last two rounds I have taken half of the books off the shelf, so let's continue to clear it out.


This is a YA contemporary about a new girl at a fancy boarding school, a friend's brother romance and a family secret. I 'm pretty sure this was a cover add back in the day because I don't remember the synopsis at all. This is probably something I could like but I doubt I will ever get around to reading it.
Stay/Go

This is a NA romance about a classical musician who is asked to join a rock band on a reality TV show and falls for the lead singer. I thought this would be one I would have no interest in and get rid of without thinking, but the synopsis actually sounds quite intriguing to me.
Stay/Go

Another YA contemporary, this time following a girl with cerebral palsy and a boy with OCD, who she hires to be a student aide. I want to be interested in reading this book, especially as good disability representation seems to be rare in YA. However, it is compared to Eleanor & Park, which I hated, and given low ratings by some people I follow who's opinions I trust.
Stay/Go

A popular girl has every mean thing she has ever said displayed for the entire school to see and has to cope with losing all of her friends while dealing with the pressure her overbearing mother places on her. This is definitely something I would have loved back in 2015, when I added it to me Want To Read shelf, but I'm just not very interested now.
Stay/Go

This is a NA romance that I think deals with abuse. The synopsis is so vague that I'm not entirely sure what it is about. I have heard a lot of people talk about this book and pretty much everyone I follow on Goodreads have rated it 5 stars.
Stay/ Go

This is a memoir following Amy Daws' journey to have a baby following the loss of five babies previously. This sounds heartbreaking, but also incredibly insightful and an important read. I still hope to get to this at some point.
Stay/ Go

A classic Christmas short story. I'm actually planning to read this to complete one of the bingo squares for TisTheSeasonAThon next month. 
Stay/ Go

Another Christmas story, this one about a man who has to travel from Washington DC to LA by train and the people he meets on the way. I am so in the mood for Christmas stories right now, so I'm definitely keeping this one around.
Stay/Go

This is blurbed as Pretty Little Liars meets Final Destination and that's all I need to know. It is a YA thriller about a high school in which a list of the hottest girls in the school is made, but this year they all start to die. This sounds like my kind of thing.
Stay/Go

This is the first book in a YA sci-fi series and even the synopsis confused me. Pretty much all I got from it was the fact it's inspired by Persuasion by Jane Austen. I'm not much of a sci-fi reader so I don't think I would ever end up picking this up.
Stay/Go

Six staying, Four going. Want To Read shelf down to 535.

Not quite half and half this time but close enough, and I was reminded of some books I had completely forgotten about. 

Have I kept any book that you didn't enjoy?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment