Monday 26 October 2020

Down The TBR Hole: Version 2, Round 2

 


It's time to clear out my ever growing TBR a bit more! Down The TBR Hole was created by Lost In A Story to sort out that mess of a Goodreads Want To Read shelf. The idea is to sort your Want To Read Shelf by date added from oldest to newest, look at the books 5-10 at a time and decide if you are still interested in reading them. If you're not interested, off they go.

I started this in 2017 but didn't get very far, so decided to go back to the beginning and start again. 


This is a romance set in Scotland about a woman with secrets and a man wanting more than just no strings attached. I have such mixed feelings about this book. I have heard some really great things about this book as a whole, but also some not so great things about the relationship. However, I'm interested to see how accurate the Scottish setting is considering the author is Scottish, as I usually hate books set in Scotland because of the inaccuracies. So for that reason only, I'm going to keep it.
Stay/Go

I don't know what this is about and I don't need to. It's Colleen Hoover, everyone loves Colleen Hoover, I'm going to get around to it some time.
Stay/Go

This is a NA sports romance between the quarterback and the coach's daughter. I love a sports romance and I've heard great things about this series.
Stay/Go

This follows two best friends dealing with one of them being sick and trying to come to terms with the fact things might never go back to the way they were. This sounds like it could be a really great, emotional but lovely book. However, I don't realistically think I'll ever get to it. 
Stay/Go

This sounds so good! It is a story about high school and rumours and things spiralling out of control after the star quarterback dies in a car accident. I'm definitely still interested in this.
Stay/Go

A girl is caught in the backseat of a car with her brother's best friend and has to deal with becoming known as the 'school slut'. This is another one that is probably a really great book, but I'm just not going to get to it.
Stay/Go

This follows a girl who has been told her whole like that World War 3 wiped out almost the entire population and a select few managed to survive in the Alaskan wilderness, only to discover that is not true and then has to try and survive in a modern world she doesn't understand. This is an intriguing premise but everyone I follow on Goodreads has given it a low rating. I think I'm interested enough to still want to give it a go.
Stay/Go

I was so sure I would be keeping this one until I read the synopsis and just wasn't interested. It is about a girl who is fed up being the only virgin in her friend group so decides to have a one night stand to get it over with. However, she freaks out and leaves the guy naked in her bed, only to later discover he was her new professor. Maybe I'm making a huge mistake here as everyone seems to love it, but I'm just not interested anymore.
Stay/Go

I still remember all of the hype surrounding this book when it was first published. It follows a girl who takes her best friend's date to prom when she is too sick to go, but a picture of an end of the night kiss between the two is posted all over social leading to a whole lot of drama. This sounds like the kind of book I would have loved back in the day, but not something I would be interested in now.
Stay/Go

A high school teacher is given an abandoned storage unit by a friend and uncovers belongings, including journals, of a mystery woman. After reading her journals, she basically takes on this woman's life in order to discover what happened to her. This seems to be compared to Fifty Shades Of Grey a lot, which is interesting. I think this is another one that I could possibly enjoy but will most likely never get to.
Stay/Go

Five staying, Five going. Want To Read shelf down to 540.

Again, half going and half staying. That's not to bad. Unfortunately, the overall number hasn't gone down very much because I have been adding more books to the shelf. 

Have I got rid of any that you think I should give a go?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment