Monday 21 September 2020

Bringing Back 'Down The TBR Hole': Version 2, Round 1

 


It's been ages since I have done one of these posts but I think it's time to bring it back and get my TBR down a bit. I currently have 548 books on my Goodreads 'Want To Read' shelf and so many of those I will definitely have lost interest in by now. The idea of Down The TBR Hole is to clear out your TBR and only keep books on there that you are still interested in reading. It was originally created by Lost In A Story and involves organising your Goodreads 'Want To Read' shelf by date added from oldest to newest, looking at the books 5-10 at a time and deciding if you want to keep them on the shelf or not. 

I first did this back in 2017 so my opinions have probably changed since then. I decided it would make sense to go back to the beginning and start again. I'm hoping to try and do this monthly and maybe 10 books per post in order to get through them.

1. Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen - I've read two Sarah Dessen books now and enjoyed the second, which I just read recently, more than the first. I'm definitely still interested in reading more of her books. 
Stay/Go

2. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - This premise has always sounded interesting to me; a society living inside a dome and a girl who goes outside of it to find her mother. This could well be something I love. However, it has been on my radar for 7 years now and I haven't picked it up. I think it's time to accept I'm probably never going to read this one.
Stay/Go

3. Before You Die by Samantha Hayes - This is a mystery/thriller about a small town in which young people keep committing suicide and a detective has to work out what is going on when her nephew disappears. This is another one I have had on my TBR shelf for so long and never picked up, so think it is likely I never will. I own another book by this author so if I read and love that I may decide to add this again.
Stay/Go

4. The Rules For Disappearing by Ashley Elston - I'm still so intrigued by this one. It is about a girl who is in Witness Protection and the synopsis just gives me Mary-Kate and Ashley Our Lips Are Sealed vibes. From the looks of it this is a hard book to get a hold of, which might mean I never end up reading it, but it is one I'm still interested in.
Stay/Go

5. Roomies by Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando - This is a book I probably would have loved a few years ago. It is about two very different girls who are assigned to be roommates in college. I'm just not interested in this one anymore.
Stay/Go

6. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch - This sounds really intriguing. It is about a girl who has lived in a camper in the middle of the forrest with her younger sister and drug addict mother for as long as she can remember, until one day her mother leaves and strangers arrive. The sisters are then thrust into the world and have to navigate all the new things that come along with that while keeping secrets that could ruin everything. I'm still curious about this one.
Stay/ Go

7. The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks - This is a non-fiction book about neurological conditions which was recommended by a psychology professor at university. This is still totally something I would be interested in reading. 
Stay/Go

8. Five Summers by Una LaMarche - This is another one that is still something I think I would enjoy. It's a summer story following five friends and set at camp. 
Stay/Go

9. The Last Forever by Deb Caletti - This follows a girl who moves to a small beach town with her father after the death of her mother. I kept this one the first time around because I love small beach town settings so much. However, I haven't read it in the two years since then so I'm probably not going to. 
Stay/Go

10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I used to own this book and tried to start it twice but never managed to get past the first couple of chapters. I just wasn't interested. I decided to unhaul the book but leave it on my Goodreads TBR in case I was ever interested to try again. I haven't been interested in the last two years. I love Dylan O'Brien so I will probably watch the movies at some point, but I think I'm done trying with this book.
Stay/Go

Five staying, five going, Want To Read shelf down to 543. I don't think that's too bad. 

Did I make the right decisions here? Have I kept any that might not be worth it?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment