Monday 30 November 2020

TisTheSeasonAThon 2020 TBR

It is very nearly my absolute favourite time of year and this year I can finally take part in a Christmas themed readathon! I should be relaxing in the sun right now but, since Covid has meant that is not happening, I now have a whole week off work with no plans just in time for TisTheSeasonAThon, a holiday themed readathon starting today (November 30th) until December 6th, hosted by Bookables and A Court Of Crowns and Quills.

This readathon has both reading challenges and a bingo board. I am going to be trying to complete the challenges, but I would also like to get to some of the bingo board squares if I get the chance. I have so many Christmas books I want to get to but I'm trying not to be too over-ambitious with my TBR.





1. Group Book - In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren

I discovered Christina Lauren earlier this year so I am super excited that they have released a Christmas book. This follows a woman who is spending Christmas in a cabin with her family for the last time, but ends up reliving the Christmas over and over again. I am so glad this is the group book for this readathon as I was definitely wanting to get to it at some point this year.


2. Read a holiday themed book - All I Want For Christmas by Joanna Bolouri

This is a Christmas ARC that I didn't quite get to in time for it's release but still want to read soon. This is a romance following a Christmas grotto Santa who sets a single mother up on a date with his best friend but begins to develop feelings for her.


3. Read a book you meant to get to this year but didn't - The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary

This one might change, I haven't completely decided what I want to read for this prompt yet. I do really want to read The Flatshare before the end of the year but I will most likely read whatever I am in the mood for at the time. The Flatshare is a romance following two people who share a bed but have never met, as one works during the day and the other works at night.


4. Read a diverse book - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur

This is another one that could change if I can get some recommendations of good LGBTQIA+ Christmas stories to add to my TBR. This one is a f/f fake dating romance following an astrologer and an actuary who pretend to date over the holiday period.


5. Read a book with lights on the cover - One New York Christmas by Mandy Baggot

Yet another Christmas romance, but this one takes place in New York. Two friends decide to spend the Christmas season in New York after one has a bad break up and I think there is a romance involving a famous actor. Christmas and New York are two of my favourite things, so I'm excited for this one.


6. A cozy read - 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston

Any of the books I am hoping to read for this readathon could probably count for this prompt, but for me nothing is more cozy than a YA contemporary. This follows a girl who's boyfriend breaks up with her just before Christmas and her family decide to set her up on blind dates to help her get over him.


Those are the books I am hoping to get to for each of the readathon challenges. I expect I will probably need to double up on some of these challenges, especially as I am wanting to fit in some novellas to meet some of the bingo board challenges. To be honest though, I'm really not bothered if I don't read all of the books and complete all of the challenges, I'll just be happy to start my December and holiday season off with a week of Christmas themed reading.

I am just in the mood to read all of the Christmas books at the moment and definitely need some recommendations. What are your favourite Christmas books?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment