Tuesday 10 November 2020

Five Books I Want To Read By The End Of The Year

There are only six and a half weeks left of 2020, which is absolutely mad, and despite having read over 60 books so far this year, there are still books that I've been meaning to pick up but still have not gotten around to. My reading plans for the final two months of the year are pretty ambitious, so why not pile on the pressure and remind myself of five books I really do want to get to by the end of the year. I'm not holding my breath that it will happen but the intention is there.

 


1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare -

We were all expecting to see this book, right? This has been my highest priority book for the last few years and yet here we are again. I'm going to try and get to it by the end of the year but I'm doubtful at this point.

2. Know My Name by Chanel Miller -

I have started this one twice but it keeps getting returned to the library before I get very far in. This is the memoir of Chanel Miller, who's sexual assault case saw worldwide outrage when her attacker was sentenced to just six months in prison. What I have read of this was incredibly brave and impactful, I definitely hope to be able to finish it by the end of the year.

3. 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston -

This is a YA contemporary that takes place over Christmas and I was disappointed to run out of time to read it last year. It follows a girl who's boyfriend breaks up with her and her family take it upon themselves to set her up on 10 blind dates over the holiday season. This sounds like so much fun, I hope I can get to it this year.

4. The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary -

This was one of the most popular books of 2019 and I had really hoped to get to it earlier this year. It follows Tiffy and Leon who share a flat, and a bed, but have never met as one works during the day and the other works at night. I'm interested to see how this plays out so hopefully I can fit it in somewhere soon.

5. The Guest List by Lucy Foley -

I was planning to read this last month but with everything going on in my personal life I just didn't manage to. This is a thriller, set on an island off the coast of Ireland, in which members of a wedding party start being killed. I've heard so many amazing things about this one! I might be out of my thriller mood by now but maybe I can fit this in before I get into full Christmas mode.


Those are five books I would really like to get around to reading before the end of the year. I know it probably won't happen, I'm pretty incapable of actually reading the books I put in these lists, but I might get to a couple.

What book on this list do you recommend I pick up first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment