Saturday 27 March 2021

Down The TBR Hole: Version 2, Round 5

 


I took a little break from Down The TBR Hole posts over the new year, and from blogging in general over the past few weeks it seems, but I'm bringing them back today. Down The TBR Hole was created by Lost In A Story as a way of clearing out your Goodreads Want To Read Shelf. If you haven't seen it before, the idea is to sort your Want To Read shelf by date added, oldest to newest, and taking 5-10 books at a time, decide if you're still interested in reading it or not.

You can take a look at my previous rounds here:

This is an interesting premise; five teens carrying various burdens accidentally trade their burdens during a ritual and have to spend the week experiencing the trials of another person. It could be good but it doesn't seem like something I would ever get around to picking up.
Stay/Go

This is a YA contemporary romance following two figure skating partners. I know I added this to my shelf because of the figure skating element, and usually I would be really interested to read a book about skating. However, for some reason reading the synopsis has made me think I wont enjoy this.
Stay/Go

Another YA contemporary, but this one follows a girl who, after the death of her mother, learns about the father she never knew, who happens to be running for president. This is just not something I am interested in anymore.
Stay/Go

I'm not entirely sure what this book is. It follows a girl who wants to become a professional baker, who is finding notes written to her following her sister's death and then it sounds like she thinks she starts seeing the ghost of her sister. I have no idea, but I will never read this.
Stay/Go

This is one that I think I would have loved if I had read it back in 2015 when I added it to my Goodreads shelf. It is about a girl who is struggling after both quitting gymnastics due to an injury and her best friend's suicide attempt, but meets a boy who wants to help her achieve her dream. I used to be a gymnast, so that aspect of the story still interests me. However, I just don't think I would enjoy this now.
Stay/Go

This book was plagiarised so goodbye.
Stay/Go

This is compared to Thirteen Reasons Why and that is enough for me to never want to pick it up.
Stay/Go

I have read a few Sarah Dessen books and liked some more than others. I'm still interested in reading more from her.
Stay/Go

This is a New Adult romance that looks like it has a strong focus on music. This is definitely something I would still be interested in picking up now.
Stay/Go

This is the second book in a NA romance companion series that I started years ago. I don't remember anything about the first book but I really enjoyed it. I'll keep this for now, I might get round to it at some point.
Stay/Go

Three staying, Seven going. Want To Read shelf at 570.

I was obviously feeling pretty brutal this round. I have added quite a few books to my Want To Read shelf over the last few months though, so the number is now higher than it was after the last round. Hopefully I can get that number down in the next few months.

Did I get rid of a book you love? 

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment