Sunday 24 May 2020

Five Book To Movie Adaptations I Need To Watch

I'm really not great for keeping up with book to movie adaptations. In fact, most of the time I don't even know about an adaptation until it pops up on my Netflix recommendations. There are a few recent, and not so recent, adaptations on my radar at the moment so I thought I would share them with you. These are five adaptations of books I have previously read. There are so many I could list for books I still haven't gotten around to yet, as I am not great at reading books before their adaptations are released.

I would love to know your thoughts on these book to movie adaptations, so please do let me know if they are worth the watch.




1. All The Bright Places
I read All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven last year and thought it was average. This seems to be a very polarising book, but it was a solid 3 star read for me. It was recently adapted by Netflix and released earlier this year. I initially wasn't sure if I wanted to watch the movie, but I keep seeing it in my Netflix recommendations and now I'm intrigued. I've loved Elle Fanning, who plays Violet, since Daddy Day Care, so that is a pretty big reason for me wanting to give it a go.

2. City Of Bones
This definitely isn't a recent release but it is one I still haven't seen. I have read the first 3 books in the Mortal Instruments series, and really hope to finish the series this year, but have yet to watch any adaptations of the books. I haven't heard the best things about the movie adaptation, but I'm still desperate to watch it.

3. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Another older adaptation that I have yet to watch. I read the book back in 2016 and it was another 3 star read for me. Everyone seems to love this book, and the movie adaptation, but I just didn't get the hype. I'm hoping to love the movie more, but I am really unsure about watching it in case I actually like it less than the book. Both book and movie are so well-loved, I feel like I would be letting everyone down by not loving them too.

4. The Girl On The Train
This is another older adaptation of a book I read in 2016 but never got around to watching the movie. I enjoyed this book but didn't love it as much as everyone else seemed to. However, friends that have seen the movie have raved about it. I am really interested in watching this movie now as I remember very little about the plot of the book so might enjoy it more than I would have had I watched it earlier. 

5. Stargirl
Lastly, we have a recent adaptation of a book I read and loved as a young teen. I remember reading this multiple times in school, I think it was the book I borrowed from the school library the most, and just falling in love with the story. As soon as I found out it was being adapted for Disney+, I was desperate to watch it. I might have to reread the book first, but I definitely need to give this a watch soon.

Those are five book to movie adaptations that I have not yet seen but want to watch soon. Are any of these adaptations favourites of yours? What do you recommend starting with? Are there any I should give a miss?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment