Sunday 3 May 2020

Best Of What I've Been Watching Recently

I had originally being trying to make what I've been watching recently into a monthly thing but I have gotten to behind on it, and honestly those posts weren't all that interesting, so I thought I would do something a bit different. I haven't shared anything that I have watched so far this year, which is quite a lot given the circumstances, so I thought I would share some of my favourite movies and TV shows I have watched over the past few months.


Frozen 2 - Who didn't love Frozen 2? I enjoyed the first movie but, in my opinion, the second was even better. The soundtrack is amazing, I love the music from this film so much, and the film itself is just as good. I loved the story, they did a really great job of making the sequel just as engaging as the first. It was hilarious and heartwarming all at the same time and something all ages can enjoy.

Cars (1, 2 &3) - Can you tell I got Disney+? I have always loved the first Cars movie so it was one of the first things I watched when Disney+ released in the UK, and I enjoyed it so much that I watched both sequels straight after. The first is just everything that is great about Disney/Pixar movies, it has a beautifully sweet story but is full of fun and laughs for all ages. The second wasn't that great, I will admit, but still fun and I'm sure kids enjoy it. The third one was much better and almost up to the standard of the first. Basically, I'm a big kid and I love these movies.

Miss Americana - I adore Taylor Swift so of course I watched her Netflix documentary as soon as it was available and absolutely loved it. I cried so many times watching it and hearing her talk about some of the struggles she has gone through over the years. She is such an incredible, strong woman and this documentary showcased that brilliantly. 



The Good Place Season 4 - I am so sad that this show is over! I watched the whole final season in 2 days and then cried for a solid day after I finished. This season was the perfect ending to a really great, very cleverly written and thought out show and I don't think anything could have been in improved. The characters are some of my favourites ever, and the actors who play them do such an amazing job bringing them to life. I really loved this and can't wait to rewatch the whole thing soon.

Cheer - I started watching this completely on a whim and instantly became obsessed. This is a documentary series following a college cheer team, something I never knew I would even be interested in, let alone get so completely invested in that I couldn't stop watching. This drew me in straight away and I became to invested in this team and the individual cheerleaders, I was completely obsessed. In fact, as soon as I finished it I just wanted to start it all over again.

Station 19 Season 1&2 - As a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy, I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to watching the spin-off series. When this series was introduced in Grey's, I wasn't that interested. However, I decided to give it a go and as soon as I got to know the characters I was hooked. I ended up flying through the first 2 season and completely falling in love with these characters. The storylines haven't been completely keeping my interest, but the really great characters have been making up for that. I definitely don't love it as much as I love Grey's Anatomy, but it is still a solid show.

I've been watching a lot recently but it would appear I haven't been watching a lot of great stuff, as this list was harder than I expected to compile. I am in the middle of a lot of really great shows just now so hopefully I'll have a lot more favourites to share if I continue to do posts like these. I'm always open to TV and movie recommendations, so if you have any you think I would enjoy please share them with me.

What was the best thing you have watched recently?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment