Tuesday 7 January 2020

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases Of 2020


It's been a while since I took part in a Top Ten Tuesday on here and I really enjoy them, so I'm bringing them back for 2020. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and this week's topic is your most anticipated releases for the first half of the year. I haven't really been paying too much attention to new releases recently and don't have a huge list, although I'm sure I will do after reading some of these posts, so I have just thrown together all of the books I'm somewhat interested in that are releasing at any point in 2020.

This is a prequel to The Hunger Games trilogy and I am super excited, if a little bit nervous, to get back into this world. I have reread the original books a few times over the years and love them just as much each time, so I can't wait to have something new from this world. There isn't much of a synopsis as yet other than it starts on the reaping of the Tenth Hunger Games.
UK Release Date: May 19, 2020

This is the sequel to The Start Of Me And You, which I read last year and really enjoyed. I believe this follows the characters from the first book as they navigate their senior year and contemplate life after high school. I really liked these characters and love Emery Lord's writing, so I can't wait to get to this one.
UK Release Date: March 5, 2020

Kasie West is one of my favourite authors so I pretty much always have a book from her on my most anticipated of the year. This is the third in a kind of companion series of standalone novels featuring crossover characters. I have yet to read the others but I am still really excited for this one. The premise for this sounds quite strange. It follows a girl whose swim meet is crashed by a mysterious boy in costume and she sets out to try and uncover his identity. Honestly, from the synopsis alone I probably wouldn't pick this up but since it's Kasie West, I'm sure I will enjoy it.
UK Release Date: March 3, 2020

I read Behind Her Eyes by this author last year, after hearing everybody talk about it, and it ended up being one of my most surprising books of the year. I hadn't expected to but I ended up really enjoying it. This one sound just as messed up as Behind Her Eyes, which makes me very excited for it. The synopsis is pretty vague but from what I can gather it is about a woman who becomes jealous of the new wife of her husband's boss and will do whatever it takes to remain on top. Vague but definitely intriguing.
UK Release Date: August 6, 2020

I read my first Katie Cotugno last year and quite enjoyed it so I am interested in reading more from her. This one sounds cute as it is about a girl working a voter registration call centre who develops, through calls, a long distance friendship with a boy. This sounds like a bit of enemies-to-lovers, which I love, and I also really like the idea of a long-distance relationship forming by phone. This just sounds crazy sweet to me.
UK Release Date: June 16, 2020

This is a 2020 debut that I am really excited about. It follows two girls who, as one is not looking for a relationship, decide to spend the summer going on every cute, movie-worthy date they can think of before ending things as soon as summer is over. This sounds exactly like something I would love, I can't wait to get my hands on it.
UK Release Date: June 4, 2020

I know nothing about this but I loved The Selection series and have been wanting to read more from Kiera Cass since finishing it. From what I can gather, it is a romance featuring royals and there is a love triangle. I am a little unsure about this one but I definitely want to check it out.
UK Release Date: May 5, 2020

Another one I know little about but am anticipating because of the author. I have enjoyed everything I have read so far from Becky Albertalli so I would like to check out more from her. This follows a guy and girl who are having to go door-to-door political canvassing together, despite neither of them really wanting to be doing so, and end up getting closer as a result. If this is anything like any other Becky Albertalli, I know it will be cute.
UK Release Date: February 4, 2020

This is a book that takes place over a 24 hour period, something I either love or hate, and follows a high school girls hockey team, I believe carrying out some kind of initiation ceremony. I don't know much of the synopsis but something about it just intrigued me.
UK Release Date: March 31, 2020

If you want me to pick up a book, pitch it as Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda meets Grease. That just sounds amazing to me! This book follows a boy who moves to the school of his summer fling only to discover he is not the boy he thought he knew from the summer. This has the potential to be really great, I can't wait to read it.
UK Release Date: March 5, 2020

Those are ten 2020 releases I am interested in picking up. What 2020 release do you think I should add to this list?

Sophie :)

4 comments:

  1. Kasie West is always fun! I'm way behind in reading her books, but they always make me smile. I hope you enjoy her newest.

    Happy TTT!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so behind with her books but I'm making it a priority to catch up this year so I can read her newest release. Her books are always a great time!

      Delete
  2. The Betrothed sounds so good.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something I would typically pick up but I really want to read more Kiera Cass so I'm definitely intrigued by it!

      Delete