Thursday 30 January 2020

2020 Reading Goals

I wasn't sure if I was going to post my reading and blogging goals this year, mostly because I wasn't sure if I wanted to make any goals for 2020. I found in previous years that the pressure of having too many goals became a bit overwhelming and led to me reading less. However, I decided to make a few reading goals for myself, and of course a couple of the usual blogging goals, but not as many as in previous years.



Goodreads Reading Challenge
As always, I am setting my Goodreads goal to 50 books in 2020. I didn't hit my goal in 2019 but I am hoping that life won't be quite as crazy this year. I think 50 is a pretty good number but it would be nice to surpass this goal again like I did in 2018.

Finish Some Series
I have quite a lot of unread series on my TBR, as well as some that I really want to get to but haven't yet started, and I want to focus on them a little more in 2020. I'm not setting any kind of number for this goal, I would just like to prioritise series a little more.

Reduce My Physical TBR
I set this goal every year and fail every year! My physical TBR is currently sitting at around 150 books, which is just crazy for me, so  I really need to try and get that number down. With using Scribd and my library more, I have been neglecting the books I own. Again, I'm not aiming to get it down to a certain number but just to prioritise my physical TBR books a bit more.

Blog More Consistently
This is another goal that I have every year. I really struggled to find time to blog in 2019, meaning my blog got completely neglected. I still haven't quite got into the groove of fitting in blogging with a full time job, it was way easier as a student, but I am hoping I can try to blog as consistently as possible. I think I will just be happy if I manage to post even a few times every month but ideally I would like to keep it up a bit more regularly.

Photograph Every Book I Read
I created a bookstagram a few years ago and it kept getting neglected as I am not a creative person at all. I would try to keep up with the kind of pictures other people were posting, but then giving up when I realised I just couldn't keep up with how beautiful and creative their pictures were. For 2020, I would like to not focus on the creative aspect of bookstagram and not compare myself to others, but instead just post a picture for every book I read in 2020. I'm hopeful I can keep this up for the year as it would be a nice visual representation at the end of the year.

Those are all of my reading and blogging goals for 2020. I don't have many and they aren't very interesting at all, but these are the few things I would like to focus on throughout the year.

What are your goals for 2020?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment