Monday 6 January 2020

2019 Bookish Statistics

One thing I really love about the end of a year is getting to look back at my bookish statistics for the year. I really love looking at the trends of my reading throughout a year, and I also really enjoy seeing how these differ from everyone else's.


Number Of Books Read...
- In Total: 43
- Under 250 Pages: 9
- Between 250-300 Pages: 5
- Between 300-400 Pages: 20
- Between 400-500 Pages: 8
- Over 500 Pages: 1

Number Of Pages Read...
- In Total: 13,219

Number Of...
- Hardcovers: 2
- Paperbacks: 7
- eBooks: 9
- Audiobooks: 15
- Mixed (eg PB & Audio): 10
- Rereads: 2
- DNFs: 1
- New Releases: 8
- Backlist Titles: 35

Number Of Books Rated...
- 5 Stars: 5
- 4.5 Stars: 1
- 4 Stars: 16
- 3.5 Stars: 7
- 3 Stars: 11
- 2.5 Stars: 2
- 2 Stars: 1
- 1.5 Stars: 0
- 1 Stars: 0

Authors Read...
- Male: 2
- Female: 36
- Mixed/Other: 5

Number Of...
- Adult Books: 14
- YA Books: 25
- NA Books: 2
- MG Books: 2
- YA Contemporary: 20
- Adult Romance: 4
- Adult General Fiction: 1
- Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Paranormal: 4
- Mystery/Thriller: 2
- Non-Fiction: 6
- Graphic Novel: 3
- Anthology: 1

This & That
- Longest By Pages: City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare (508 Pages)
- Shortest By Pages: Did I Mention It's 10 Years Later? by Estelle Maskame (25 Pages)
- Longest By Title: The Second Summer Of The Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
- Shortest By Title: Roar by Cecelia Ahern
- Longest On My TBR: Billy And Me by Giovanna Fletcher
- Shortest On My TBR: Twas The Nightshift Before Christmas by Adam Kay

- First Read Of 2019: The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
- Last Read Of 2019: Verity by Colleen Hoover

I find these statistics really interesting. As usual, the majority of the books I read were between 300-400 pages, my average length according to Goodreads was 307 pages. My ratings are also looking the same as previous years with most books getting 4 stars, an average rating of 3.8 according to Goodreads. One very obvious change is how I am reading my books. For the first time ever, I read more audiobooks than physical or ebooks in 2019, and often chose to listen to the audiobook and read the physical/ebook copy. I obviously made good use of my Scribd account, which I got at the very end of 2018. I didn't read as many new releases in 2019, probably as I was requesting a lot less from Netgalley. That is something I might look into changing this year as I enjoyed keeping more up to date with new releases in 2018. These statistics really give me a lot to think about regarding my goals for 2020.

What statistics do you find the most interesting?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment