Saturday 3 January 2015

December 2014 | Book Haul

With Christmas and my birthday in December, there was definitely going to be a lot of books coming into my possession this month. A few of these books were ones I asked for for Christmas, a couple were surprises and the rest were bought with some Christmas/Birthday money.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Medical Terminology For Dummies by Beverley Henderson & Jennifer Dorsey - I am very interested in all things medical and as I am hoping to go on to study either Nursing or Midwifery, I am trying to get a bit of basic knowledge. For that reason, I asked for this book for Christmas. I haven't looked at it yet but I find the 'For Dummies' books to be very helpful.

Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies by Donna Rae Siegfried - This book is along the same lines as the last. I asked for this for some basic medical knowledge.

New York City For Dummies by Myka Carroll - My main gift for Christmas was a trip to New York so my mum also got me this to help us plan the trip. Since we are only going for 5 days, we want to make the most of the trip and this book is very helpful for giving advice on what attractions can be avoided, for example.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas - I have heard so many great things about the Throne Of Glass series and had planned on getting around to it eventually so when my best friend got me it for Christmas I was so excited. It's one that she has also been wanting to read so I think we will be reading it together at some point this year.

The Selection series by Kiera Cass - The first book in the series, The Selection, was on my Christmas list this year as I was intrigued by the plot and had heard some good things about it. My mum decided to get me the box set for Christmas, which also includes The Elite, The One and The Selection Stories, a collection of novellas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please, Nurse! by Joan Lock - Amazon had a 3 for £10 offer on paperbacks so I took advantage of that and picked up a few books. One of those was Please, Nurse!, the memoir of a student nurse in the 1950s. Like I said, I am looking to go into Nursing or Midwifery so I am interested in books like this one.

One Born Every Minute by Maria Dore and Ros Bradbury - Along similar lines, and also from Amazon, I got the book tie-in to the Channel 4 TV series, One Born Every Minute. This book includes several stories memories from the Maternity Ward. I absolutely love the TV show so I am looking forward to reading this.

The New Arrival by Sarah Beeson - This is another book along the same lines as the last two. This is another memoir of a student nurse, this time in the 1970s. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher - This was another Amazon purchase in their 3 for £10 offer. I have been wanting to read Giovanna's books for ages but just haven't got around to it. I had hoped to read them in order of publication but Billy And Me was, unfortunately, not included in the offer.

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty - Another in the 3 for £10 was one that I have been after for a while. I have been really getting into thriller type books recently and this is another of them. I don't know a lot about this book but I have heard some great things about it.

Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes - This is the last of the books I got in the Amazon 3 for £10 deal and it is another thriller type book. This is another one I have been wanting to read for a while but I know very little about it, other than it is about a pregnant woman who hires someone to help her after her baby is born.

Ignite by Lily Paradis - For some reason I have been wanting to read this book ever since I first heard people talking about it. The synopsis intrigued me so I decided to go ahead and buy the ebook for my Kindle. 

Have you read any of these books? What one should I read first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment