Saturday 27 May 2017

Tag | Opposites Book Tag

This is a pretty old tag but I stumbled across it recently and added it to the never ending list of tags I want to do. I believe this was started on Booktube but the original video doesn't seem to be available any more. This tag is basically just questions about opposites, relating to books of course.


1. First book in your collection/last book you bought
I couldn't tell you the first book I ever owned but the book on my shelves I've had the longest is definitely Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The last book I bought, which I have yet to haul, was Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge.

2. A cheap book/an expensive book
Quite a few of my books are from charity shops or discount book stores so a lot of them were pretty cheap. I have a fair few free eBooks as well. A surprisingly expensive book was Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. It wasn't super expensive but £10 for a paperback is definitely more than I would usually expect to pay.

3. A book with a male protagonist/a book with a female protagonist
The first male protagonist who comes to mind is Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I don't actually read a lot of books with a male protagonist. I would say 99% of the books I read have a female protagonist so I couldn't name just one.

4. A book you read fast/a book that took you too long to read
I read Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry so fast I was actually surprised at myself. It's around 400 pages and I read about 90% of it in one day because I couldn't put it down. A book that took me so long to read I was surprised was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling. That book took me 3 months to read!

5. Pretty cover/ugly cover
What Light by Jay Asher is probably still my favourite cover for now, although the UK cover for The Names The Gave Us by Emery Lord is in the running. As for ugly covers, don't even get me started on the UK cover for My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows.

6. A national book/an international book
I haven't actually read it yet but I have to say Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame as a national book since the author is a fellow Scot. The majority of the books I read are by American authors so they would all be considered international books.

7. A thin book/a thick book
I think Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell is the shortest book on my shelves, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is probably the longest.

8. Fiction book/non-fiction book
Again, I read mostly fiction so I could answer this with pretty much anything. Let's go with my most recent read so Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout. My most recent non-fiction read was All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher.

9. Very romantic book/action book
The first book that comes to mind when I think romantic is PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. For an action packed book I would probably have to say The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.

10. A book that made you happy/a book that made you sad
A book that always makes me happy whenever I think about it is Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie) by Cecelia Ahern. Of course I had to mention that one somewhere! A book that made me sad is Love Is The Higher Law by David Levithan. It's a really great book but as it is a book about 9/11, it obviously evokes feelings of sadness.

That was the opposites book tag! I love these kinds of tags, mainly because answering random questions about books is my kind of fun. Let me know of any other fun tags I can add to my growing list.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment