Tuesday 24 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Series I Want To Read In 2017

 photo 33l1evt_zpsqpz6mek7.jpg

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

It has been way too long since I have done a Top Ten Tuesday but I'm excited to get back into it. This week's theme was a freebie and since I have been talking a lot about my 2017 goals recently, I thought I would continue the trend and talk about the series I want to start/finish/continue with this year.

To Finish:

1. The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
I own all of these books and have read, and enjoyed, the first two but have yet to get around to the next three. These are pretty short and very fast-paced so I know I can fly through them all and get them done this year if I make the effort.

2. Flawed duology by Cecelia Ahern
I read and absolutely adored the first book in this series last year and the conclusion Perfect is my most anticipated release of the year. I have no doubt I will finish this series this year, unless of course Cecelia Ahern decides to continue with the series but I think that's unlikely

3. Unwind dystology by Neal Shusterman
I read the first two books in this series a few years ago and have been saying I'll finish the series for the past couple of years. I now own book 3 so I feel like I at least need to read that this year, but hopefully I can finish it as I really loved the first two.

4. Summer trilogy by Jenny Han
This is a bit different as this series I just want to finish to get it off my shelf. I have read the first one and didn't love it, it was pretty average. Maybe this series will get better but I just want to get it finished as I have had the three book bind-up on my bookshelf for so long I'm fed up looking at it.

To Continue:

5. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
I finally read the first book in this series last year and loved it so I want to continue this year. I would love to be able to finish it this year but I don't think that'll happen. I would like to at least read books 2 & 3.

6. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
I read book one a couple of years ago and really need to continue. I really enjoyed book one and I know that these books are really quick to read so I don't know why I haven't continued yet. Again, I would like to read at least books 2 & 3.

To Start:

7. The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
This is probably the only series that I'm justified in not having yet started. Obviously there is a specific order that it is best to read all of the Shadowhunters books in and, according to Goodreads, it is best to read book 1 of TID after reading the first 3 TMI books. So that is the plan for this year.

8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I know, I've been saying I plan to read this every year for the past three years but I definitely have great plans to read at least the first book in the series this year. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it yet!

9. The Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout
This is another series I have been wanting to read for a good while and just haven't yet. The bind-up of the first two books is the only book I own that fits one of my Around The Year In 52 Books categories so I'm hoping that will mean I have to read the first two books this year.

10. Pushing The Limits series by Katie McGarry
I am slightly cheating with this one because I have actually already started this series as I read the first book at the very start of the year. Since I planned to start it in 2017 and did, I'm still counting it for this list. This is a series that has been on my TBR for years.

Those are my series reading plans for 2017, although there is a good chance I won't get to about half of these. I am going to try and make a conscious effort to get through these but we will see how I get on. What series are you really wanting to read this year?

Sophie :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Jenny Han's books because they sound fabulous and would also really like to read Katie McGarry's newest series. Hope you enjoy these series, Sophie! Happy 2017 reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to have more luck with future Jenny Han books, I've heard so many great things about her books. Yes, I definitely agree on Katie McGarry's newest series! I have the first book but I think I'll try to finish the Pushing The Limits series first. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great list. I love the Lunar Chronicles and the Lux series! I hope you enjoy the series. Happy Reading!
    Brittney @ Reviews from a Dreamer


    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great, hopefully I will too! I've heard such great things about both, I can't wait to start them.

      Delete
  3. Love the Percy Jackson and Unwind series! i hope you enjoy the rest of both of them :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I need to read the rest of the Lunar Chronicles myself!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy them, Cinder is at the top of my list to read this year so if I can at least read that I'll be happy.

      Delete