Friday 1 July 2016

Haul | June 2016

I am so bad at not buying books! I swear I really tried not to buy books this month but when you go away to somewhere with some great bookshops and then exciting things get released, it's just too hard! Anyway my attempt at not buying book in the month of June has resulted in me buying 19 books. I know, I'm really good. To the books...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Take Me On & Breaking The Rules by Katie McGarry - I had planned to start the Pushing The Limits series this month (didn't happen!) so when I saw books #4 and #1.5 pretty cheap I picked them up.

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry - Jumping on the Katie McGarry train full force, I don't even know what this one is about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - Such a beautiful cover!! This is about a group of friends and the challenges a new girl poses to their friendships.

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver - A girl's sister vanishes on her birthday but when another girl also goes missing she must find out what is going on. This sounds like a really interesting mystery.

The List by Siobhan Vivian - At the start of each school year one girl from each year is chosen as the prettiest and one as the ugliest. This has intrigued me for so long.

Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales - Girl goes on a road trip to find a blogger who says all the things she feels. It's set in New York, need I say more?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell - Rainbow's short story written for World Book Day about a girl who decides to camp out for the new Star Wars movie.

Summer Days and Summer Nights Anthology - The Summer version of Stephanie Perkins Christmas anthology My True Love Gave To Me, featuring twelve summer love stories.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
 - A woman returns to her hometown to report on the murders of two young girls but must also deal with her toxic family and childhood memories.

Lying About Last Summer by Sue Wallman
 - After the death of her sister in a tragic accident, Skye is sent to a camp for bereaved teenagers, but there she receives IM messages from her dead sister.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Zoella's Book Club with WH Smith
Zoella (Zoe Sugg) released her redesigned 'Book Club' picks in association with WH Smith and the 8 book bundle was available for a crazy good price of £29.99. So obviously, despite already owning 6 of the 8 books, I just had to buy the bundle. I know, I know, but the new covers are just so pretty!
The 8 books are:
Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
We Were Liars by E Lockhart
The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward

And those are all of my many June purchases. What did you buy in June?

Sophie :)

2 comments:

  1. SO MANY BEAUTIFUL BOOKS! *-*
    Vanishing Girls is definitely one of my favorite books last year - it was a lot more than I expected: really emotional and surprising at some parts. Tonight the Streets Are Ours was really great, as well - again, VERY different from what I'd thought of it prior to picking it up. I've just read Summer Days & Summer Nights and it was SO AMAZING - full of cute stories, the majority being very enjoyable, too.

    Omg, what a great price on Zoella's Book Club novels! I've seen them around and yeah, they certainly have such gorgeous cover-redesigns! I'm so sad I have no way of getting them, living in Hungary. :( I adored Everything, Everything and We Were Liars & The Potion Diaries was such a fun book, too!

    Congrats on all your new books! Happy reading. :)

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to pick up all of the books you mentioned now! It's good to know I picked up some great reads.
      Thanks for visiting!
      Sophie :)

      Delete