Saturday 16 July 2016

Books I Have Brought On Holiday | Summer 2016

Choosing what books from my ever growing TBR pile to take on holiday with me is a struggle I face every time I go away. I really just want to take them all but obviously, with limited space, that isn't possible. If I'm travelling by plane and staying in a hotel, it's easy. I take my kindle and whatever physical book I am in the middle of and that's me sorted. However, for most of our family holidays we take our caravan, meaning I have a whole cupboard area just for my books. As great as that is, it makes the decisions pretty tough for me. So, this year I thought I would share the books I decided to bring away with me.

 photo SummerHols01_zpsydbjz5c2.jpg

Billy & Me by Giovanna Fletcher - It's really about time I read one of Gi's books! I love her as a person and own all of her books but for some reason I just haven't got to reading any yet. This sounds like it could be a great, very cute, summer read.

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern - This is possibly my favourite book of all time (I know, this is only like the 1000th time I've said that) so I figured it's about time for a reread. This book is perfect to read any time of year but I think it'll be especially great over summer.

 photo SummerHols02_zpsueahqz1o.jpg

The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - This is a paranormal/mystery kind of book so not really a summer read but I like to throw in something a bit different. I read 90% cute contemporary during the summer so it's good to have some change.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - It is pretty much unacceptable that I have not read this book yet! Everyone seems to love it and rave about it but I seem to have just left it sitting on my shelf, until now.

On The Fence by Kasie West - I read The Distance Between Us last year and really enjoyed it so I definitely want to get to some more Kasie West this summer. This one looks like a really cute, fun read.

The Start Of Me And You by Emery Lord - I read Open Road Summer towards the end of last year and despite reading it in the totally wrong season I really enjoyed it. I have heard so many great things about her second book so I can't wait to read it.

Summer Days And Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins - I am so excited for this! I loved My True Love Gave To Me so I cannot wait to see what perfection lurks within the pages of this summer version.

 photo SummerHols03_zpsfbd2macb.jpg

Frostbite by Richelle Mead - I read Vampire Academy whilst on holiday last year and really liked it so I don't know why it has taken me this long to continue on with the series. I definitely want to work my way through this series this year so I better get a move on.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Another book that I should really have read by now. I have heard so many great things about The Lunar Chronicles but again just haven't picked it up yet. This one is definitely a top priority.

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling - It really is about time I finished this series. I have been putting it off but I need to just bite the bullet and tick this series off the list. It will definitely happen this year but hopefully I can get to it during my holiday.

Which of these should I pick up first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment