Friday 10 October 2014

September 2014 | Book Haul

Over the past few months, I have developed a serious problem with book buying. I can't seem to resist the beautiful, shiny new books and no matter how much I try, I can't not buy them! OK, so it's not quite that serious but I have been buying a lot more books than usual recently and September has been no exception with a total of 14 books bought.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson - You may have already seen this book in my September Wrap Up. This is one I was desperate to read in September. I had heard some great things about it and with the movie coming out at the beginning of September, as soon as I saw it in Waterstones, I picked it up. In short, this is about a woman who looses her memories every night while she sleeps.

Panic by Lauren Oliver - This was one that I had heard about but hadn't even added to my TBR on Goodreads when I bought it. I was interested in the concept, graduating seniors of a small town who compete in a dangerous game named Panic (yeah, that's about all I know), but had heard such mixed reviews that I was not entirely convinced. However, I saw it on offer so I bought it on impulse.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - This was another impulse buy. After reading Gone Girl and not being entirely sold on it, I had no desire to read the rest of Gillian Flynn's books. However, I was this as I was browsing and thought I would see what it was about. Dark Places is about a girl who sends her brother to prison for the murder to her entire family at just 7 years old and now, 24 years later, is beginning to doubt whether she was right. I was intrigued so I decided to give Gillian Flynn another try.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I have heard so many people say they love this book yet I don't even know what it's about! I really just wanted to see what all of the fuss was about and bought it when I found it on offer.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I want to love Rainbow Rowell as much as everyone else but I have yet to read any of her books, despite owning Fangirl. I do have very high hopes though so I went ahead and bought another of her books, which I know very little about.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - Since You've Been Gone is a book that I have been dying to get my hands on ever since it came out but I was buying so many books that I couldn't justify paying full price for any. Eventually, I found this book on offer and grabbed it very excitedly. This is about a girl whose best friend goes away one summer but leaves her a list of things to do, which she then completes in the hope that her best friend will come back when she does.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack - I have had a couple of friend recommend this book to me and I tend to take their recommendations quite seriously as they know me really well, so will usually know what I will like. I know nothing about this book other than it is historical fiction and is narrated by Death. 

Four by Veronica Roth - As a Divergent lover, I was desperate to get my hands on this as soon as it was released but I hated the UK cover so, since none of my Divergent books match anyway, I was trying to find a US edition to get the pretty cover. Then I found the pretty UK cover, fell in love with it and now get to admire it whenever I want. I should probably read Allegiant now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers, Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas, Dancing In My Nuddy-Pants, ...And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand, and ...Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison - These are the first six books in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series. I have read the first few of these books when I was younger but decided to buy the series and reread/finish it. I found the box set of the first six books on eBay for just £3 so I grabbed them.

Those are book I bought in September. Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Are there any of these books you would like to see a full review of?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment