Thursday 7 January 2021

2020 End Of Year Book Survey

 I'm not over talking about all the books I read in 2020 yet, so it's time for the End Of Year Book Survey. This was created by Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner and is now in it's 11th year. I really love doing this survey and have done it several times over the years. There are a lot of questions, so let's get started.



Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 71
Number Of Rereads: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance

Best In Books

1. Best book you read in 2020? 
It has to be The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Pretty much everyone else has already read this book and knows how great it is.

2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't?
Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams. It sounded like something I would really love but I didn't end up liking it very much at all.

3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?
Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan. This was surprising because I didn't expect to love it as much as I did, but also because I really was not expecting the way the story went.

4. Book that you 'pushed' the most people to read (and they did)?
I pushed a few people to read some Christina Lauren after discovering them in 2020 but they haven't gotten around to it yet.

5. Best series you started in 2020? Best sequel? Best series ender of 2020?
The Hoops series by Kennedy Ryan for all of these questions. 

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2020?
I can't say Kennedy Ryan again so probably Christina Lauren.

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Other Words For Home by Jasmine Warga. I don't read a lot of Middle Grade by I loved this.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The One by John Marrs. This one was a wild ride.

9. Book you read in 2020 that you would be most likely to re-read next year?
Love, Life and the List by Kasie West. I already want to pick this up again.

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2020?

11. Most memorable character of 2020?
Belinda is a side character in Never Greener by Ruth Jones but was my favourite part of the whole book.

12. Most beautifully written book of 2020?
Other Words For Home by Jasmine Warga. This is written in verse and is just beautiful.

13. Most thought-provoking/life changing book of 2020?
Know My Name by Chanel Miller. This book was so powerful and I would recommend it to everyone.

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2020 to finally read?
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. It took me way to long to get around to this.

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2020?
This isn't something I keep not of but I remember loving a lot of the passages from Know My Name by Chanel Miller.

16. Shortest and longest books you read in 2020?

17. Book that shocked you the most?
No Exit by Taylor Adams. This was another wild ride.

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship!)
Abby and Cooper from Love, Life and the List by Kasie West. I just loved reading their romance.

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Lotus and Iris from the Hoops series by Kennedy Ryan.

20. Favourite book you read in 2020 from an author you read previously?
Love, Life and the List by Kasie West. This was one of my favourite books of the year, in case you couldn't tell.

21. Best book you read in 2020 that you read based solely on a recommendation?
Pretty much everything I read is based on recommendations but Beach Read by Emily Henry is one I wasn't really interested in until everyone started recommending it and I ended up loving it.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2020?
Andrew from In A Holidaze by Christina Lauren really made me swoon.

23. Best 2020 debut you read?
You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson. This was a lot of fun and a really great debut.

24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read in 2020?
Down Among The Sticks And Bones by Seanan McGuire. This world was so vivid and really interesting to read about.

25. Book that put a smile in your face/was the most fun to read?
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren. This was really fun, I had a great time reading it.

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2020?
What Makes Us Stronger by Freya Lewis. A lot of books made me cry in 2020 but this one hit me the hardest.

27. Hidden gem of the year?
Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter. I haven't heard a lot about this book but I really enjoyed it.

28. Book that crushed your soul?
Girl Made Of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake. Such a powerful book but hard to read.

29. Most unique book you read in 2020?
The One by John Marrs. I haven't read anything else was a similar concept to this.

30. Book that made you the most mad?
Know My Name by Chanel Miller. So much of what Chanel had to go through made me so, so mad.


Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New favourite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2020?
The entire romance community! I discovered so many great romance Bookstagram accounts and romance Booktubers. Probably my favourite person I discovered in 2020 is Bree from In Love & Words. I love her!

2. Favourite post you wrote in 2020?
I don't really love anything I wrote in 2020, I don't feel like I gave my blog enough attention. The Taylor Swift Songs As Books post was a lot of fun though.

3. Favourite bookish related photo you took in 2020?
I am not at all artistic or creative so my bookstagram pictures are incredibly boring. I do like the way this one turned out though, even though it is super simple.

4. Best bookish event that you participated in?
I didn't really get a chance to participate in much in 2020 as I was so crazy busy with work. I want to participate in more in 2021.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2020?
It's not really a moment and might not seem like much to most people, but being able to be much more consistent with bookstagram and not giving up in it after a couple of months is something I'm so happy about.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life in 2020?
Being a healthcare worker in a global pandemic, does that count?

7. Most popular post on your blog in 2020?
My blog is not popular at all, because I don't put enough effort or work into it. By views it would seem my Summer TBR was my most popular.

8. Post you wished got a little more love in 2020?
I guess just my blog in general, but I have never really been bothered about numbers and views. I blog more for myself and would still do it even if nobody was reading.

9. Best bookish discovery?
Definitely the romance community, both on instagram and youtube.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
I have a whole post about this coming later in the month.


Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2020 but will be your number one priority in 2021?
Is it really, really bad to use the same book I used for this answer last year? I still haven't gotten around to reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare and even though I say this every year, it really needs to happen in 2021.

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2021 (non-debut)?
Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson. I haven't read a Morgan Matson book in the longest time, I can't wait for a new one.

3. 2021 debut you are most anticipating?
I haven't really had a look at upcoming debut releases, this is something I need to do soon.

4. Series ending/sequel you are most anticipating in 2021?
I'm not anticipating any books in series at the moment. That will probably change though.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2021?
I have a whole goals post coming later in the month but I would really just love to get on top of blogging a bit better. This is something I try to do every year but I'm never very successful. I want to have posts reading in advance instead of rushing to get things done at the last minute, which will also help when I get into a blogging slump. 

That was a lot! I have cramp from all the typing I have just done answering all those questions. Hopefully this was interesting. Let me know if you have read any of the books mentioned and what you thought of them. I would also love any tips for helping me get on top of blogging and get better at blogging in advance. 

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment