Saturday 23 January 2021

2020 Goals Review

With everything else going on in the world, 2020 was the year my reading and blogging goals took a major back seat. I prioritised reading what I wanted to read and what I was in the mood for over trying to stick to the goals I set at the beginning of the year. In fact, I don't even remember what goals I did set. So I thought it would be interesting to take a look back and see how I did with my goals without actually trying.



Goodreads Reading Challenge
I have set my Goodreads goal at 50 for the last few years and did so again in 2020. I managed to surpass that and read 71 books. This was one that I was aware of throughout the year but never really had to work to surpass it as reading was something that brought me a lot of joy and comfort in such a mad year.

Finish Some Series
I didn't set any number for this goal, probably because I knew I wouldn't do very well with it. I did finish a series that I have been reading for many years, which felt like a big achievement, but otherwise I didn't prioritise series. I continued with a couple of series and read a complete trilogy, but only finished one series in 2020 that I had previously started.

Reduce My Physical TBR
This is another goal I really didn't think about at all. I didn't buy as many books in 2020, in fact I didn't buy many at all, so I didn't add to my physical TBR too much. However, I also didn't read too many of the books I already own. I've noticed that my tastes are changing so a lot of the books I own physically are not the books I want to pick up now. I am still reading them but I'm not getting through them as quickly as I would like.

Blog More Consistently
Obviously I made this goal before the whole global pandemic situation. I don't think I did too badly with my blogging in 2020 considering how crazy the year was. I had a few months of pretty consistent posting and other that weren't as successful. I'm not stressing about this goal too much.

Photograph Every Book I Read
For years I have wanted to post a picture of every book I read in a year on Instagram and never managed to do it. Somehow, 2020 was the year for it! I was a bit all over the place with how consistent I was, and I'm still working my way through sharing the last of my 2020 reads to my Instagram, but I was a lot more successful with this goal than I have been in any other year. 

I'm actually surprised by how successful I was in 2020 with my goals. I am not really bothered about the things I didn't do so well with as last year was so strange. Hopefully this year will have a bit more of normality and I can put a bit more effort into my reading goals.

Did you make any reading goals for 2020? How did you do?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment