Wednesday 6 January 2021

2020 Bookish Statistics

 It's stats time! This is one of my favourite things about the start of a new year. I love looking back at the past year, at the books I read and the trends in my reading. I just find it all so interesting, so let's look at 2020.



Number Of Books Read...
- In Total: 71
- Under 250 Pages: 12
- Between 250-300 Pages: 3
- Between 300-400 Pages: 30
- Between 400-500 Pages: 20
- Over 500 Pages: 6

Number Of Pages Read...
- In Total: 24,212

Number Of...
- Physical: 11
- eBooks: 22
- Audiobooks: 27
- Mixed (eg Physical & Audio): 11
- Rereads: 8
- DNFs: 3
- New Releases: 19
- Backlist Titles: 52

Number Of Books Rated...
- 5 Stars: 5
- 4.5 Stars: 1
- 4 Stars: 28
- 3.5 Stars: 6
- 3 Stars: 19
- 2.5 Stars: 7
- 2 Stars: 4
- 1.5 Stars: 0
- 1 Stars: 1

Authors Read...
- New To Me: 37
- Read Previously: 16

Number Of...
- Adult Books: 39
- YA Books: 29
- NA Books: 2
- MG Books: 1
- YA Contemporary: 14
- Adult Romance: 21
- Adult Contemporary: 7
- Adult General Fiction: 1
- Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Paranormal: 14
- Mystery/Thriller: 3
- Non-Fiction: 7
- Graphic Novel: 2

This & That
- Longest By Pages: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (756 pages)
- Shortest By Pages: The Naughty List by Ellie Mae McGregor (56 pages)
- Longest By Title: The Day The World Came To Town: 9/11 In Gander, Newfoundland by Jim Defede
- Shortest By Title: Flow by Kennedy Ryan
- Longest On My TBR: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
- Shortest On My TBR: The Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward

- First Read Of 2020: Patient Care: Death and Life In The Emergency Department by Paul Seward
- Last Read Of 2020: This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens

These statistics are super interesting for me because it shows how different a year I had in 2020. My reading changed a lot. In terms of page number, I was still reading mostly the same length books. My average number of pages for 2020 was, according to Goodreads, 341 pages, which is only slightly longer than the year before. 
2020 was the year of audiobooks for me, it would seem. Over half of the books I read I listened to at least some of on audio. I have started listening to audiobooks while I get ready, do dishes, clean, and also spent a lot of time during lockdowns listening while doing jigsaw puzzles. Audiobooks definitely helped me to read more. 
My ratings were a bit all over the place in 2020. Unfortunately, I didn't read a lot of 5 star books. I wouldn't say many of the books I read could be considered new all time favourites. I did have 28 books that I rated 4 stars though, so I enjoyed a lot of what I read.
The biggest change in 2020 would definitely be the types of books I was reading. I have always read mostly YA books, but was reading mostly half YA and half Adult for most of the year. I ended up reading more Adult books for the first time in 2020, which is most likely due to discovering Romance. Adult Romance was my most read genre with 21 books. I think this might be why I didn't read a lot of books I loved in 2020, as I'm still trying to discover what I really love within the Romance genre. I will definitely be exploring this more in 2021 and will hopefully find the ones I really adore.

Yearly statistics always give me a lot to think about. I will definitely be incorporating some of these findings into my 2021 goals.

Do you enjoy looking into your end of year statistics? What did you find most surprising about your 2020 reading?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment