Saturday 5 December 2020

Down The TBR Hole: Version 2, Round 4

 



Down The TBR Hole was created by Lost In A Story to sort out your Goodreads Want To Read shelf. The idea is to sort your Want To Read Shelf by date added from oldest to newest, look at the books 5-10 at a time and decide if you are still interested in reading them. If you're not interested, off they go.

If you want to check out how I did in the last 3 rounds:


This is about two teens in 1996 who, while attempting to install a free AOL CD, find themselves signed into their Facebook pages 15 years in the future, and learn how their decisions can impact their future. I have read one book by Jay Asher that I love and one that I hated, and this premise sounds so interesting, so I'm willing to give him another chance.
Stay/Go

This is a Christmas romance between a nanny and the single dad of the children she is looking after. The premise sounds sweet and this could well be something I would really enjoy, but there are so many Christmas books on my radar that I really don't think I would get around to this any time soon.
Stay/Go

I'm pretty sure this was a cover add because this cover is beautiful. This is a YA sci-fi with what sounds like a bit of romance thrown in, following two teens, from completely different backgrounds, who's spaceship crashes and they are the only survivors. This sounds potentially good but I'm not really into sci-fi, or space in general.
Stay/Go

This is another Christmas book, this one following a wedding planner trying to plan two very different weddings over winter. I'm not going to lie, the premise doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Stay/Go

This is a YA novel that I believe deals with sexual assault, victim blaming and shaming victims of assault. I am definitely still interested in reading this one.
Stay/Go

This is a YA mystery about a boy who sets up a bit of a business selling cover stories but a friend ends up dead after needing a cover story and suspicions arise. This is probably something I would have really enjoyed back when I added it but I'm not that interested anymore.
Stay/Go

Probably another cover add. This is a YA romance about a couple who spend a night together saying yes to everything, only for him to move away soon after. He then shows up a year later wanting to relive that night and wanting a second chance. This seems sweet and like it could be a quick read.
Stay/Go

This follows a girl who's family moves away after a mistake causes her life to fall apart and ruins her friendship with the boy she was best friends with. However, just when she gets her life together in her new town, his family relocates to the same area. This doesn't sounds all the interesting to me and a lot of people I trust rated this pretty low.
Stay/Go

This is a YA dystopian in which the daughters of the losing side of a war are forced to marry the sons of the winning side. The main characters is set to marry the President's son, but instead plans to kill him. This sounds interesting and if I was in a dystopian mood I would probably enjoy it. However, I'm pretty sure I heard a dog gets killed in it and that is one thing I just can't read about.
Stay/Go

A YA contemporary following two teens who's dreams are slipping way from them, who come together through working at a quirky motel. I've heard some great things about this one so I'm still interested in picking it up.
Stay/Go

Four staying, Six going. Want To Read shelf down to 536.

I guess I was in the mood to clear out my TBR shelf this time around. I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making and the fact I'm rediscovering books I had forgotten I was so interested in. I'm excited to keep going with this into the new year.

Did I make the right decisions this round?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment