Sunday 27 December 2020

Books On 2020 TBRs I Still Haven't Read

I have said this multiple times on this blog but I am terrible at sticking to TBRs. I used to post them monthly and then get to the end of the month before realising I hadn't read anything I had mentioned. I only post a TBR occasionally now but I do make lists for myself to try and keep track of what I want to read. There are some books that make repeat appearances on TBR lists before I finally get to them. I thought it might be fun to take a look at some of the books that have appeared on TBR lists, both on the blog and the lists I make for myself, that I still haven't picked up. I got this idea from Hailey In Bookland who did this for one of her Bookmas videos this year.




 
The Guest List by Lucy Foley - This one made three appearances on TBR lists and I still haven't picked it up. This was super hyped when it was first published earlier this year and, despite having heard some more negative things recently, I have high expectations. I haven't read many mystery/thriller books in 2020 as I was never really in the mood, which is probably why I never got around to this. I really hope to get to it in early 2021.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - If I don't read this book in 2021, I honestly don't know what I will do with myself. It is ridiculous how long I have been saying I want to read this book for and yet here we are. This featured on two TBR lists this year, but was also the book I labelled as my highest priority for 2020. It's embarrassing really.

The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary - I almost picked this up at the very beginning of 2020 but ended up deciding to read something else first and never got around to this one. It was included in a lot of people's favourite books of 2019 lists so I really think I will enjoy it. This was included on two TBR lists but I just never gravitated towards it. I have it on my January TBR so maybe this time I will get to it.

A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson - Another one that I heard such amazing things about but just never got around to. I was so excited for this after the promo for it at YALC in 2018 but even after being on two TBR lists this year I still haven't read it. I am still super excited for it, I just need to be in the mood for a mystery/thriller.

I Stop Somewhere by T.E. Carter - This is another one that only ended up on one TBR list but that was always on my mind to pick up. I haven't read nearly enough hard-hitting YA this year and this is one that I really want to get to soon. I'm not sure 2020 was the right time for me to be reading more dark topics though, which I think is why I never ended up reading this one.

The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory - I have owned this eBook for years and, despite putting it on one TBR list this year, I still haven't read it. The problem I have with this one is that I keep forgetting I own it. I have it on iBooks, which I rarely use, so I never see it as I'm browsing for my next read. I do really want to get to this one so I need to remember it's there.

Those are 6 books I put on TBRs in 2020 and still didn't read. I'm hoping I can look back on this list this time next year and have picked up every one, but I know myself better than that. I definitely hope to have ticked a few of these off the ever-growing TBR list by the end of next year though.

Which of these books should I pick up first in 2021?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment