Thursday 23 July 2020

One Direction Songs As Books

Any of my fellow die-hard One Direction fans out there will know that today is a special day. Today marks 10 years of One Direction. So, of course, I had to do something to mark this occasion. Back in May I matched Taylor Swift songs to books and had so much fun doing it that I figured why not do it again but with a twist. I thought, to celebrate 10 years of One Direction, I would recommend books based on One Direction songs.


More Than This - Block Shot by Kennedy Ryan
A second chance romance but the girl he has loved for years has a boyfriend. He believes he can love her more.

 

Last First Kiss - Fame, Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West
A young actress sworn off dating to focus on her career but meets a boy who could change all of that, and could maybe even lead to her first proper kiss.


Don't Forget Where You Belong - Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
A cute love story that takes place during a country singer's tour. The famous singer in this story has an ex-boyfriend back home and struggles with that aspect of her life.

 

18 - How To Love by Katie Cotugno
A second chance romance between teen parents, who were each others' first loves before he left town. Now he is back and trying to fix things.


I Want To Write You A Song - This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
The main character has a song ' This Lullaby' written about/for her. That is really the only similarity here.

 

Stand Up - Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan
A very complicated, forbidden love story between two characters who new they were meant for each other the moment they met. The hero would do absolutely anything for his heroine.


Little Things - Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
This song is adorable, and this book is adorable. A second chance romance between childhood sweethearts.


Half A Heart - Out Of Love by Hazel Hayes
This book starts with the couple breaking up and our main character feeling a bit lost. Their love story is then told in reverse.


A.M. - The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Childhood friends turn into something more. I'm pretty sure there are some middle of the night chat in these books as well.


If I Could Fly - Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie) by Cecelia Ahern
My favourite One Direction song deserves to be paired with my favourite book. That is my only reasoning for this. Plus, the relationship in this book is adorable.

This was harder than I expected it to be! Mostly because while trying to choose the books I spent most of the time having a little One Direction party by myself.

Those are ten books matched with One Direction songs. What books would you match with these songs?

Sophie :)

Please find out how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement here.

No comments:

Post a Comment