Tuesday 18 February 2020

Series I Need To Finish

If you've seen my 2020 goals post, you'll know that I am wanting to prioritise finishing some series in 2020. I am terrible at finishing series! I always pick up the first book with great intentions and then take forever to carry on with the series. I've made a list of a few series that are at the top of my priority list.



1. Unwind series by Neal Shusterman
This is a dystopian series involving a world in which parents of children aged 13-18 can send them to be 'unwound', meaning every part of their body is harvested for transplant. I read the first two books in this series years ago but, for whatever reason, never carried on. I was being put off continuing this series by the fact I knew I would need to reread the first two before getting to the third, which just seemed like so much effort. However, I did manage to reread the first two books in January, so hopefully that means I can get this one finished soon!

2. Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants series by Ann Brashares
The movie adaptation of this series was one of my favourite movies growing up, so a few years ago I decided to give the books a go. This series follows a group of friends, who have always been inseparable, as they navigate summers apart. I have read the first two books and really enjoyed them so I would love to at least continue on with this series this year, probably in the summer.

3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
How many times can I mention finishing this series? I have been reading this series for 3 or 4 years now and I just never seem to keep going with it, despite the fact that I have really enjoyed every one of the books I have read so far. I am making it my mission for 2020 to reread the first 3 books in the series and then continue with both this series and the Infernal Devices series in publication order and get them all read by the end of the year! I realise I say this every year but I am determined to make this the year I finally succeed.

4. Pivot Point duology by Kasie West
This is a kind of paranormal duology about a girl who has the ability to see both potential outcomes in the future when faced with a choice. In the first book she must decide which of her parents to live with following their divorce, and so both potential outcomes play out. I read the first book at the beginning of last year and thought it was pretty interesting. I'm hoping I can get to the second book at some point this year.

5. The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
As far as I know, this series isn't actually finished yet, but I'm still putting it on this list. The first book in this series, which was my first read of 2019, is about a princess who accidentally drinks a love potion she made and so falls in love with herself. A competition then begins to find an cure. I thought the first book in the series was so much fun and I can't wait to see how the series continues.

I really am so bad at finishing series. I made a list of series I need to finish back in 2018 and, embarrassingly, a few of the series mentioned in this list were also featured on that one. Hopefully I can do better with reading series in 2020 and get some of these books off of my TBR shelf.

Which series on the list do I need to prioritise first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment