Thursday 20 February 2020

What I've Been Watching Recently Part 2

Before Christmas I shared all of the Netflix TV shows and movies I had been watching over the few months I had been neglecting this blog. I said a part 2 was coming, in which I would talk about what I had been watching from other platforms and, despite being much later than I had anticipated, here it is. So this is everything, or everything I can remember, that I watched between April and November 2019 on everything other than Netflix.


Parks & Recreation Season 1 - This was a really random pick for me but I had heard so many good things about it over the years that I decided to check it out. It's a comedy following employees in the Parks & Recreation department in a small town. I thought it was really easy watching that I didn't have to concentrate on, which I always like, but the first season was pretty short so it was hard to form much of an opinion. 


Chasing Happiness - This is the Jonas Brothers documentary which, as someone who loves the Jonas Brothers, I really enjoyed. It was so well done and I found it really interesting to get an insight into how things were behind the scenes and some of the things they had to put up with or were struggling with back in the day. Some parts were hard to watch and I did get a bit emotional, but I thought it was great.


UnReal Season 1 - This was another random pick but one that I very quickly became completely obsessed with. This is a drama following the behind the scenes of a fictional Bachelor-type reality show. I was hooked from the very first episode and was living for all the drama and mayhem that went on. I also really love Shiri Appleby, who plays the main character in the show, so that definitely made me love it more.


The Sun Is Also A Star - I really wasn't a fan of this book so I don't know why I thought I would feel differently about the movie. It is about two teenagers who meet the day before one of them is being deported and they spend her last day together. Everything I disliked about the book - the boring characters, the instalove - were still a part of the film. However, the things I enjoyed about the book, such as the formatting and different POV's, were obviously not. This one wasn't for me.


Toy Story 4 - I was so sceptical going into this as I felt that the third movie left things where they needed to be, I didn't want another movie to ruin things. Luckily, I did end up really enjoying it. I thought the whole film was just a sweet as I have come to expect from these movies, but also action-packed enough to keep you interested. They really are great movies for both children and adults, and there were a lot of things I think adults in particular would appreciate in this movie. However, the ending made me angry and now I'm bitter.


Yesterday - As someone who has never had any interest in The Beatles in any way, I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this film. However, after seeing the trailer I thought it sounded so interesting that I was desperate to give it a go. It follows a struggling singer/songwriter who wakes up after an accident to discover that no-one else has ever heard of The Beatles or any of their songs. I ended up really enjoying it. I thought the story was great, it was hilarious at parts but also had some great touching moments, and the cast were all incredible. I would highly recommend this film, even if your not a fan of The Beatles.


Chicago Fire Season 7 - This was one of my favourite shows for a while but I'm starting to feel like it's going downhill a bit. Season 7 brought out the whole 'someone is against our firehouse' storyline again and I'm starting to get bored of the same story being changed slightly and then repeated again. I love these characters and their relationships but they need better storylines.


Chicago Med Seasons 3 & 4 - This isn't my favourite medical series but I still like watching it. Both of these seasons were fine but nothing all that stand out, in fact I can't really remember then very well. I do remember in Season 4 they started borrowing Chicago Fire's favourite 'someone is against us' story line, which I am hoping won't be a common feature. This is just an average so for me, but I do like the crossover episodes so I keep watching it.


911 Seasons 1 & 2 - This show is anything but average. I watch a lot of emergency services/medical shows so it takes a lot to impress me, but this had me hooked straight away. This show has some of the craziest story lines and some of the situations will blow your mind. I find it so much fun and so enthralling, I couldn't stop watching. I also really like all of the characters and loved finding out all about their backstories. This is a really great show.


Manifest Season 1 - This is easily my favourite show on this entire list. As soon as I saw the trailer that seemed to go viral, I knew I wanted to watch this show. It finally came to the UK in the Summer of 2019 and I was hooked. It is about a plane full of people who reappear five years after the disappearance of the their flight. I absolutely devoured this season as quickly as I possibly could and loved it so much. It's not something I would usually gravitate towards and unlike anything I have watched before but I thought the story was amazing, it has so many twists and turns that I could never guess where things were going and the cast are amazing. I can't wait for the second season to come to the UK.

That was part 2 of basically all of the things I watched in 2019. What shows or movies should I watch next?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment