Tuesday 2 April 2019

Wrap Up | March 2019

I know I only just posted my February wrap up, but it is already time to share the books I read in March. I really can't believe we are in April already! My life has been so busy lately that this year is flying in. I didn't have a great reading month in March, due to that crazy busy life I was just talking about, so I only managed to read two books. However, one of those two books was a five star read so I'm not going to complain too much; quality over quantity.



Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire -
I have been wanting to read more NA books for a while now and Jamie McGuire seems to be one of the most popular NA authors. I had this on my kindle for a while but decided to pick it up when I was needing a quick, fun read. This follows a good girl who becomes friends with a bad boy but, of course, they develop feelings for each other. I started off really loving this book. I loved the characters and the sexual tension, and despite the pretty toxic relationship dynamic, I was rooting for them to get it together and be with each other. However, I didn't like the way fighting was portrayed, it was never really seen to be a bad thing to go around punching people that annoyed you, and I wasn't a fan of the ending. If this book had just been the first half, I would probably have given it 5 stars.
Rating: 3/5

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Mijkamp -
I think I have mentioned before that I have a strange interest in books about school shootings. I don't know why, it's kind of strange. This is a book about a school shooting and one that I had heard a lot about when it was first published. I definitely can't say I enjoyed this book, given the plot and the horrific content, but it is one of the best written books on this topic that I have read. It follows multiple perspectives over the hour long timeline of the shooting, making it incredibly intense and difficult to read. I had to take breaks a lot while reading as it was written so vividly that I almost felt as though I was there. It was a very hard read, it was truly heartbreaking, but the overall message is one of hope.
Rating: 5/5

Those were the two pretty different books I read in March. I am definitely hoping to do better in April, but as long as I read some good books the number doesn't matter too much.

What was the best book you read in March?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment