Monday 4 February 2019

Haul | January 2019

I'm trying to do better at keeping track of the books I buy in 2019, so what better way to do that than to go back to posting monthly book hauls. I'm hoping I can stick to my not buying many books goals and these won't feature too many books, but that hasn't really happened in the past. I only bought 5 books in January and all were on audiobook. I decided to cancel my audible account, at least for a little while, and had 5 credits remaining. As you lose any credits when you cancel your account, I had to treat myself to some new books since I wasn't letting them go to waste.


As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre - This is the second book in the 2B trilogy, the first book being I Want It That Way, which I read back in 2016. The sequel follows a side character from the first book, but I remember so little about it that I can't remember her at all. It is a NA romance about a girl who moves back to her home town and, I believe, gets pretty close to her best friend's older brother.

Becoming by Michelle Obama - This is Michelle Obama's memoir and I have been dying to read it since it was published last year. I have heard so many amazing things about it, and it has a CRAZY high average rating on Goodreads. She narrates the audiobook herself, which I always find adds so much to the book.

Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher - I read this one in January and really enjoyed listening to the audiobook and reading the physical book together. This is Giovanna's debut novel and is about a woman from a small English town who meets a famous actor and her life completely changes. 

Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate - This is another one I read in January so I'm not doing too badly with reading books soon after buying them. This follows seven high school students as a scandal takes place in their school. Each of the seven students represents each of the seven deadly sins, which is a really interesting concept.

Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham - Another memoir, apparently I'm in the mood for them just now. This is the memoir of Lauren Graham, probably best known from Gilmore Girls. This is also narrated by Lauren herself, which I think will be great because she is hilarious.

That is everything I bought in January. I even managed to not add to my physical TBR this month, which is always the goal. 

Have you read any of these books? What should I pick up soon?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment