Wednesday 30 January 2019

Unhaul | Bookshelf Declutter

Like I do at the beginning of every year, I have recently had a bit of a declutter of my bookshelves. I don't like to get rid of books I read in the year I read them, for whatever strange reason, so tend to get rid of a lot in January. This year is no different, I am getting rid of quite a number of books for a few different reasons.


The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han - I finished this series in 2018 and while I thought the first two books were fine, I didn't enjoy the last book and know I will never reread it.

Tell Me No Lies by AV Geiger - This is the second book in a duology that was just average for me the first time around, I know I wont pick it up again.

My (Secret) Youtube Life by Charlotte Seager - I've talked about my frustration with this book a couple of times already. I loved one perspective and hated the other. I just didn't love one enough to put up with the other a second time.

The Baby by Lisa Drakeford - I really enjoyed this book when I read it but I just don't have any desire to read it more than once. Someone else can enjoy it instead.

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - I have been hanging on to this for a few years now with the hope that I will reread it and enjoy it the second time. However, it hasn't happened yet so I don't think it ever will.

The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon - I didn't love this book but I did love this cover, which is why I held on to it. As much as the cover is beautiful, I need the shelf space.

Solitaire by Alice Oseman - Unfortunately, this was a bit of a disappointment when I read it last year. It just wasn't for me but I know someone else could love it.

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera - This is one that I enjoyed when I first read it but just don't see myself ever picking up again. 

Super Awkward by Beth Garrod - Again, I really enjoyed this but I know I won't reread it. I know someone who would love this so it seems right to pass it on.


Insurgent, Allegiant and Four by Veronica Roth - I have been hanging on to the Divergent series but I disliked Insurgent so much that I don't think I will ever make it through this series a second time. I really loved the first book, though, so I am keeping a hold of it.

Vampire Academy and Frostbite by Richelle Mead - I enjoyed the first two books in this series but I am unsure about whether I am going to continue with it. I do know that I am not likely to reread these books so I don't see the point in hanging on to them.

The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass - I still adore the Selection series and these short stories but they also feature in the other collection of short stories, Happily Ever After, and I don't need them twice.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I finally started this series in 2018 and, while I did enjoy this book, I don't think I will be continuing this series. There are just too many other books I want to read more. I don't see myself ever rereading Cinder either.


Bridget Jones' Baby: The Diaries by Helen Fielding - This is another one I read and really enjoyed but I won't be rereading. I would rather just watch the movie repeatedly.

A Nurse and Mother by Evelyn Prentis - This has been on my shelves for years and I have never picked it up. I'm just not really interested anymore and there are so many other books I want to read.

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella - Sophie Kinsella is not for me. I have read a few of her other books and not enjoyed them so I will most likely never pick this one up.

Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella - This is one of those Sophie Kinsella books I have read. I didn't hate it but I didn't really enjoy it so it is going to someone else who can appreciate it more.

Those are the 20 books I am getting rid of at the beginning of 2019. The majority are books that I have already read, which doesn't do much for my ever growing TBR. It does give me some more space on my overflowing bookshelves, though.

Does anyone else enjoy a good unhaul to start the new year? 

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment