Saturday 21 July 2018

Tag | Mid-Year Book Freakout 2018

We may have past the half way point of this year but I never do things on time so it's no surprise I'm late to the party with this tag. I have been doing the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag since 2015 but it seems to be pretty popular this year, I've been seeing it everywhere! This tag basically just looks back on your reading during the first half of the year and I always find it a lot of fun.



1. Best Book You've Read So Far In 2018
I have read some really great books this year, it's hard to pick just one favourite. I probably have to say I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman. This book wasn't at all what I expected and I ended up loving it way more than I thought I would. It follows three characters over one day as they meet for the first time and help each other with their personal problems. 

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far In 2018
For once, I've actually read a few sequels. The best one was definitely Did I Mention I Need You? by Estelle Maskame, the second book in the DIMILY trilogy. I loved following Tyler and Eden as their relationship progressed and they spent a fun summer in New York. It was great fun to read but also dealt with some more serious issues. I absolutely love this series, and this book in particular.

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
Listen To Your Heart by Kasie West. I love Kasie West but I can't keep up with her! I haven't read her two most recent releases yet but I really need to get to them as soon as possible. Listen To Your Heart sounds like the perfect summer read so I'll hopefully get to it really soon.

4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of The Year
There are so many books I'm looking forward to in the second half of the year but my number one will probably have to be Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich. This is the book adaptation of the musical that I absolutely adore. I can't wait to get my hands on this book, I'm so excited you have no idea.

5. Biggest Disappointment
From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon. I expected to really like this book but it just wasn't for me. As much as I want to love Sandhya Menon's books, I just don't seem to click with them.

6. Biggest Surprise
Lucky Girl by Amanda Maciel. I picked this up completely at random with no idea what to expect and ended up giving it 5 stars! It's a very important story about sexual assault, victim blaming and friendship. 

7. Favourite New Author
This is another one where it's very difficult to pick just one, I have read some amazing new authors so far this year. I'll go with Becky Albertalli. I have read two of her book so far this year - Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and Leah On The Offbeat - and really enjoyed both of them. She's definitely a new autobuy author.

8. Newest Fictional Crush
I don't really have any new fictional crushes yet this year. I guess I did like Bill from Save The Date by Morgan Matson

9. Newest Favourite Character
So many! I really loved Snake and Emily who were introduced in Did I Mention I Need You? by Estelle Maskame. They were really fun characters and I loved getting to know them a bit.

10. Book That Made You Cry
Wonder by RJ Palacio. This book made me sob my little heart out. It's so beautiful, I loved it so much. Even thinking about it makes me a little bit emotional, it's a really great book.

11. Book That Made You Happy
Royals by Rachel Hawkins. There were several things about this book that annoyed me but in general it was just a really entertaining read. I had so much fun with this book and didn't stop smiling the whole time I was reading it.

12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You've Seen This Year
I haven't seen any yet! I was determined to see Love, Simon but just never had time to go.

13. Favourite Review/Post You've Done This Year
I've really been slacking on my blog and haven't really been all that happy with the content I've been producing. This is something I definitely want to work on in the second half of the year.

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far This Year
Eve Of Man by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher is beautiful. Even underneath the dust jacket looks amazing.

15. Books You NEED To Read By The End Of 2018
All of them! I would like to get through some of the books that I've had on my shelf for a few years now, I think that is probably my main priority for the rest of the year.

It's been a pretty great reading year so far, I have read some really amazing books. Hopefully things continue this way for the rest of the year. How has your reading year been so far? What's been the best book you've read?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment