Wednesday 10 January 2018

2018 | Reading & Blogging Goals

It's that time of year again where I make a list of goals for the year that I will likely have forgotten about by March. I really enjoy setting myself these goals I'm just not great at sticking with them. I have decided not to do any specific challenges in 2018, such as the Around The Year challenge I took part in last year, as I started to feel quite restricted in my reading. Instead, this year I plan to set myself a few goals that will encourage me to read certain things, but not restrict my reading as much.



Goodreads Reading Challenge
As always, I have set myself the goal of 50 books. I managed it a few years ago and got very close again last year. This year is pretty unpredictable and could get very, very busy so I don't want to push myself too much. If I meet my goal that's great but I won't be annoyed if I don't.

Finish 5 Series
I started loads of series in 2017, leaving me with a lot of unfinished series. I doubt I'll finish 5, to be honest, but that seems like a good number to aim for. I'll be happy enough just to make progress with a lot of the series I have been in the middle of for a while.

Listen To 5 Audiobooks
I listened to 8 last year but all of them were in the first half of the year. I don't want to go back to being away from audiobooks completely so to listen to at least 5 would be great, and would definitely help with my Goodreads goal when life gets too busy to sit and read a physical book. 

Re-Read 5 Books
I love re-reading my favourite books but I have rarely done so for the past few years. I really want to make this a priority this year, particularly as I feel it really helps with reading slumps. Again, I'm just going with 5 as it seems like a good number but I would love to manage more than that.

Read 5 Before Buying
I tried this last year and was pretty successful for the first few months, until I stopped buying books for a while and it all got a bit confusing. I would like to try this again for 2018 but I would settle for just generally cutting back on my book buying.

Physical TBR Under 100
This is another goal I had for last year that I didn't manage. My physical TBR is currently sitting at around 130 so I have a bit of an easier task than last years 180. I have a lot of eBooks and audiobooks to get to as well, however the main goal here is to give myself some more shelf space.

Blog Consistently
I think this will end up being a goal every year. I usually start out the year pretty well but life just gets crazy. I want to make more of an effort to plan my blog posts and write them in advance to make it easier for when I don't have a lot of free time.

Revamp Reviews
I'm bored of the way I review books and would like to do something about it. This is very vague just now as I don't have a clue what to do to change them, but I know I want to do something.

Bookstagram
I would like to give this another go. I failed miserably last year but I love Instagram so it would be great to have an active Bookstagram alongside this blog.

I tried to have less this year but I don't think I managed somehow. Hopefully I will be more successful this year than I have been previously but we'll have to wait and see.

What are your reading goals for 2018?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment