Wednesday 13 January 2016

2015 | End Of Year Survey

 photo 2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984_zpsxakiodpx.jpg
Created by Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner

 photo reading-stats-2015-1024x278-900x244_zpsfcu850io.jpg

Number Of Books You Read: 50
Number Of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary

 photo best-YA-books-2014-900x244_zpsrnysncg4.jpg

1. Best book you read in 2015?

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn't?
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I loved My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult so had high hopes for this one but ended up hating it.

3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?
Where She Went by Gayle Forman. I wasn't expecting to love this anywhere near as much as I did considering the reviews I had read. 

4. Book you 'pushed' the most people to read (and they did)?
I pushed a lot of people to read Love, Rose/Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern, although I'm not sure how many of them actually read it.

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best sequel of 2015? Best series ender of 2015?
Sequel: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire by JK Rowling

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2015?
Kiera Cass, Lily Paradis, Rainbow Rowell, Morgan Matson, Kasie West. I discovered so many great new authors in 2015.

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone? 
Probably We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist, I don't usually read that much non-fiction but I did enjoy this.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to read in 2016?
Ignite by Lily Paradis, I am already re-reading this this year.

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Definitely Ignite by Lily Paradis, again.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
I would probably have to say Margo from Paper Towns by John Green.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Paper Towns by John Green again, I love John Green's writing style.

13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2015?
Again I would probably say Paper Towns by John Green.

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2015 to finally read?
Harry Potter! I read books 2-5 in 2015 and I cannot believe it has taken me this long.

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?
I'm terrible at making notes of quotes that I like so I can't actually remember any that I liked.

16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2015?
Shortest: Alive Souls: Inception by Elena Yulkina
Longest: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling

17. Book that shocked you the most?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth, for obvious reasons.

18. OTP of the year?
Either America & Maxon (The Selection) or Adam & Mia (Where She Went)

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Reagan & Dee (Open Road Summer by emery Lord)

20. Favourite book you read in 2015 from an author you read previously?

21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
Again, Harry Potter.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Prince Maxon (The Selecton series)

23. Best 2015 debut you read?
I only read two debuts and I didn't like either of them.

24. Best world building/most vivd setting you read this year?
This has to be Harry Potter, of course.

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?
Again probably The Selection series. This is getting a bit repetitive now, isn't it?

26. Book that made you cry/nearly cry?

27. Hidden gem of the year?
Probably Where She Went by Gayle Forman, again.

28. Book that crushed your soul?
Allegiant! Again for obvious reasons.

29. Most unique book you read in 2015?
I think Attachments by Rainbow Rowell is a pretty unique book.

30. Book that made you the most mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)?
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult! That book made me so mad, and not in a good way.

 photo book-blogging-900x244_zpsxhxdj4mj.jpg

1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2015?
There are way too many to just choose one.

2. Favourite review you wrote in 2015?
Probably This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales. This is probably the only review I wrote as soon as I finished the book so didn't have a chance to forget any details. 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I haven't even posted any discussion posts in 2015, which is awful! That is definitely a resolution for 2016.

4. Best event that you participated in?
Again, I haven't participated in any events.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I actually struggled quite a bit with blogging life in 2015 so I don't really have a best moment.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life in 2015?
Definitely finding time with university, work and life in general. It was a struggle and my blog definitely suffered.

7. Most popular post on your blog in 2015?

8. Post you wished got a little more love?
I don't really blog for the views or the 'love', I just do it for fun so I don't really mind how much love posts get.

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc)?
I discovered the wonder of Barnes & Noble in New York, does that count?

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set yourself at the beginning of the year?
I'm going to do a full post on this very soon.

 photo looking-ahead-books-2015-900x244_zps08cxhyao.jpg

1. One book you didn't get to in 2015 but will be your number 1 priority in 2016?
There are so many! I really wanted to make a start on The Mortal Instruments series and The Lunar Chronicles but didn't get round to them, they are definitely high priority in 2016.

2. Book you are most anticipating in 2016 (non-debut)?
The Crown by Kiera Cass! I can't wait for the last book in The Selection series.

3. 2016 debut you are most anticipating?
There are a few that I'm interested in by none that I am highly anticipating.

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2016?
Again, The Crown by Kiera Cass.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016?
I'm hoping to be more consistent with my blog this year and have more varied content, rather than just reviews, wrap-ups and TBRs.

6. A 2016 release you've already read and recommend to everyone?
I haven't read any 2016 releases yet.

That was my 2015. I hope you had a great reading year.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment