Thursday 3 September 2015

Haul | August 2015

Since I have been so busy throughout the month of August, I have done pretty well with my book buying this month. I have been trying my hardest to reduce my book buying and having only acquired 5 books this month, I would say I'm getting better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire by JK Rowling - After reading the third Harry Potter book, Prisoner Of Azkaban, in July, I was desperate to get my hands on the next in the series. I was always a little intimidated by books 4-7 due to their size, but I am really enjoying reading the series that everyone raves about so I am looking for to continuing. 

Frostbite by Richelle Mead - I also read Vampire Academy in July, the first book in the series, and though I didn't love it, I am definitely continuing with this series. I decided to pick up the second book in the series as so many people have said the series improves as it goes on. I am looking forward to seeing how the series progresses and will hopefully get to this soon.

More Weird Things Customer Say In Bookshops by Jen Campbell - I read the first Weird Things Customers say book last year (and have a mini review here) and thought it was a pretty funny read. When I found the set of two on The Book People for just £2.50, I decided to pick it up. I gave the first book to my best friend, as it is definitely something she will enjoy, and kept the second book for myself as I can't wait to read more funny stories.

I Wish For You by Camilla Isley - I was lucky enough to be sent this ebook from the author herself to read and review. This is the story of a woman who is struggling with a bad breakup when she finds a magical object through which a mysterious man appears. It sounds to me like a chick lit book with some magical realism thrown in. I am interested to see how I feel about this book as the magical realism is a little out of my comfort zone, but I am looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern - I got this with my audible credit for the month. I have been loving Cecelia Ahern recently so I am desperate to read more of her work. I don't know what this one is about but since it is Cecelia Ahern, I know I'll want to read it no matter what the storyline. I am really excited to read this one.

Those are all of the books I got this month. Have you read any of these books?


Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment