Tuesday 10 February 2015

Haul | January 2015

I was trying to cut down on my book buying in 2015 and read the books that I already own but since I was in New York I couldn't resists visiting a few bookstores. While I didn't resists completely, I did manage to control myself a lot, which I am glad of considering I had to carry all of the books I bought in my hand luggage on the way home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I Was Here by Gayle Forman - Having read, and enjoyed, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, when I heard about her newest book, I Was Here, I decided to check it out on Goodreads. I enjoy reading darker books so when I read that it was about suicide I was pretty intrigued and picked it up when I found it for under £4 in Tesco.

Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - I have heard so many great things about this book around the blogging and youtube world. The synopsis sounds very much like The Hunger Games, which many people have complained about, but I have also heard it describes at The Hunger Games meets Pokemon and how amazing does that sounds?! Having heard such good things, when I saw it in Barnes & Noble while in New York I picked it up.

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - This is another book that I picked up in Barnes & Noble while in New York. I have been wanting to read this for a while but I am not a fan of the UK cover so when I found out I was going to New York this went straight onto my shopping list.

Lux: Beginnings by Jennifer L Armentrout - We paid a visit to The Strand Bookstore while in New York, which I didn't love to be honest, and I found a couple of books I have been wanting for a while. The Lux series is one I have been wanting to start for ages so when I saw the bind up of the first two books, Obsidian and Onyx.

The Program by Suzanne Young - Suicide appears to be a theme for this haul as this is about suicide as an epidemic. I have heard some great things about it so when I saw it in The Strand I decided to pick it up. It is a much thicker book than I had initially thought, and it is the first book in a duology which I am excited to get around to.

Can't Let You Go by Jenny B Jones - I read the first three books in the Katie Parker Productions series by Jenny B Jones back in July of 2014 and when the fourth book was released later in 2014, I didn't even know about it. After writing my mini review of the series (here), I came across the fourth book, Can't Let You Go, on Goodreads and instantly bought it on my kindle.

Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment