Thursday 5 February 2015

Wrap Up | January 2015

It seems so crazy to be doing my first wrap up of 2015 already but it's somehow February already! January was a pretty good reading month for me as I read a total of 6 books, which I know is not a lot for some but it is good for me, and most of them were really good reads.

My Life In January...
- I kick started the year with a great New Years' Day spent with my family.
- I got to spend a couple of days with one of my closest friends who lives about two hours away.
- I started rewatching Gossip Girl, which is possibly my favourite TV show of all time.
- I started back at uni and it still sucks just as much as it did before Christmas.
- I WENT TO NEW YORK! I have wanted to visit New York for years and I finally went in January!

Watched In January...
(I have decided to introduce a 'watched in' section as I am a huge movie and TV junkie)
- How To Get Away With Murder Season 1 (Part 1) - 5/5
- Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging (rewatch) - 4/5
- Nurse Jackie Season 1 - 3/5
- Mamma Mia! (rewatch) - 4.5/5
- Geordie Shore Season 8 & 9 - 5/5
- If I Stay - 5/5
- Men, Women & Children - 4.5/5
- Dolphin Tale 2 - 4/5

Read In January...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales -
I pulled this book out of my TBR jar way back in November and finally got around to reading it in January and I am glad that I did. I really enjoyed this book. I loved the setting and the characters and while the story has been done to death, I really enjoyed this unique take on it. I have a full review on this book which you can take a look at here. 4/5

Allegiant by Veronica Roth -
After my disappointment with Insurgent, I put off finishing the Divergent series. This was partly because I had heard negative views about it and worried that it would be like Insurgent, and partly because I didn't want the series to end. However, I am so glad I finally decided to pick this up as I absolutely loved it. I think it was the perfect ending to the series, even though it completely destroyed my emotions. 5/5

And That's When It Fell Off In My Hand by Louise Rennison -
This is the fifth book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series, of which I have been reading one each month. Like I have said several times before, these are super fast, enjoyable reads and the only issue I have with these is the fact that they are a little immature. Obviously, as these books are aimed at a younger audience, being a 20 year old I find it a little difficult to relate a lot of the time. 3/5

The Selection by Kiera Cass -
After getting The Selection box set for Christmas, I couldn't wait to get started with the series. I was a little unsure as I had heard some mixed things about the series but I really enjoyed the first book. I loved the premise of the book, I loved the characters and I enjoyed reading about the society. I can't wait to get to the rest of the series. 5/5

That Summer by Sarah Dessen -
I decided to give audiobooks a try in 2015 and the first one I listened to was Sarah Dessen's first book, That Summer. While I loved the audiobook experience, this was just an OK book. I have heard such amazing things about Sarah Dessen's novels, however I feel that it is quite obvious that this is her first novel. 3/5

Ignite by Lily Paradis -
I have wanted to read this since I first heard about it so as soon as I had the chance to pick it up, I devoured it. I really enjoyed this book, reading it in just one sitting. The characters were my favourite thing about this book by far and I loved the family aspect. I cannot wait to the sequel, Arclight, as soon as it is published. 4/5

What have you been reading in January?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment