Tuesday 25 May 2021

Down The TBR Hole: Version 2, Round 6

 


Here we go again! Let's carry on with trying to whittle down my Goodreads TBR. Down The TBR Hole was created by Lost In A Story as a way of clearing out your Goodreads Want To Read Shelf. If you haven't seen it before, the idea is to sort your Want To Read shelf by date added, oldest to newest, and taking 5-10 books at a time, decide if you're still interested in reading it or not.

You can check out my last round here: Version 2, Round 5.

This is a YA contemporary about a rich girl whose father's business collapses, leaving her hanging out at her uncle's thrift shop. This is another one of those books that I probably would have loved had I read it in 2015 when I added it to my shelf, but not so much now.
Stay/Go

This YA summer romance sounds like it would have been exactly my kind of book a few years ago. It is about a girl who spends her summer in Cape Cod, meets an older boy and, it sounds like, lies about her age to be with him. This just isn't something I'm interested in anymore.
Stay/Go

I heard so many amazing things about this book when it was first published back in 2015. It follows a girl in an eating disorder treatment centre, who is determined to end her own life on the anniversary of her brother's death. This sounds very hard to read, but it is still something I am interested in picking up.
Stay/Go

Another YA contemporary, this time about a girl who, just before her graduation, receives an email she wrote to herself in her freshman year that has her questioning the choices she has made. This is another one that I probably would have enjoyed back in the day, but I'm not interested anymore.
Stay/Go

From what I can understand, this is the story of a relationship told in the form of a dictionary. I have no idea what that would be like. This just sounds a bit too quirky and too much for me. I think I'll give it a pass.
Stay/Go

This is a YA alien romance between a human girl and the alien exchange student living with her. This could be a fun read, but I'm not really feeling angsty teenage alien romance.
Stay/Go

Sophie Kinsella and I have parted ways. I have reached the conclusion that her books are not for me, so I won't be picking up this one.
Stay/Go

I have heard amazing things about this and the premise sounds like something that will break my heart, which tends to be a feature of the books I love. This is about a girl who wakes up on her front porch after a party with no memory of what happened to her, but photographs taken by other show the terrifying truth. However, when the town hero is involved, noone is interested in the truth. I'm definitely still interested in picking this up.
Stay/Go

A novel told in verse about a girl who discovers her father with a man, and then discovers his secret HIV diagnosis. I was still interested in this book until I discovered it is set in 1993 and for some reason that just puts me off. 
Stay/Go

I think I added this because I had just read and loved a series by Jenny B Jones, who is featured in this collection. It is a collection of four novellas following four childhood best friends, who are now in college, and come together each summer to reconnect. I'm not really interested in this anymore.
Stay/Go

Two staying, Eight going. Want To Read shelf at 559.

I'm getting more and more brutal it seems. I also took some books off of my Want To Read shelf that I have unhauled recently, so the total number is down by 11. I think that is pretty good since I can't seem to stop adding new books to the shelf. 

Have I made any mistakes? Did I get rid of any books you think I should definitely give a go?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment