Monday 17 August 2020

Six Books I Want Adaptations Of

Book to movie adaptations have been huge for years now, but it seems Netflix have made them super popular again. Everyone is loving their adaptations recently and I am constantly seeing lists of books people think Netflix should adapt next. I love a book to movie adaptation and often find myself wishing for some of my favourite books, and even some I didn't particularly love, to be adapted. I have compiled a list of 6 (there's more than 6, I cheated) books I think would make great movies or TV shows.




1. The DIMILY series by Estelle Maskame

I really love this series and I definitely think it should be next series Netflix picks up to adapt. This series follows Eden who goes to live with her father and his new family in California for the Summer and ends up falling for her step-brother. I think this would be such a fun movie series.


2. Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour

This is a story about a young set designer trying to break into the industry, who finds a letter from a famous actor that reveals some secrets. Can you just imagine how beautiful a movie where set design is such a prominent feature would be? This also feature the most adorable f/f relationship that I just need to enjoy in movie format.


3. Anna and the French Kiss series by Stephanie Perkins

I've been waiting for this one for years! This is another one of my favourite series and from the very first time I read these books I thought they would make amazing movies. All of the stunning locations featured in this series would make for beautiful films and I would love to see some of my favourite book couples brought to life.


4. All of Morgan Matson's books

Everyone one of Morgan Matson's books would make amazing movies. They are all full of fun and really heart-warming moments. The small town beach setting would be perfect for a movie. The fact that they're all set in the same town and have characters from other books making cameos would make the movies so much fun. I really need this to happen because I'm now getting excited about it.


5. You Should See Me In A Crown by Leah Johnson

This is the most recent book that I read that made me think 'I would love to watch this is a movie'. Remember when Prom movies were a big thing? We need to bring that back with this one! This follows a girl who decides to run for Prom Queen in her Prom obsessed town in order to try and win a college scholarship, but feels she is too poor, too black and too awkward to ever win. It could be such a great movie!


6. The Unwind series by Neal Shusterman

I will never understand why this series didn't get adapted back in the day when every other dystopian series was being made into a movie. This series is about a society in which abortion is illegal and instead parents can choose to Unwind their child after the ago of thirteen, meaning all of their body parts are harvested for transplant. This could make a creepy as hell movie series and I would definitely watch it. 


Those are just some of the books I would love to see adapted for movie or TV. There are so many books I think would make great adaptations, and so many books that have recently been or are about to be adapted. Hopefully all of these new adaptations are encouraging non-readers to check out the books and encourage a whole new group of readers, just like Twilight and The Hunger Games did for me.


What books do you think would make great movies or TV shows?


Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment