Sunday 22 December 2019

Four Christmas Book Recommendations

I love books, I love Christmas, of course I love Christmas books! I've read a few Christmas/holiday themed books over the last few years, some hits but also some definite misses. I thought, since were getting pretty close to Christmas, I would share some of my favourites that I have read over recent years.

(full disclosure: I haven't actually read all of these, they were just the only Christmas books I had to hand)

1. My True Love Gave To Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
This is an anthology filled with 12 amazing holiday stories written by popular YA authors, edited by Stephanie Perkins. These stories cover a variety of holidays, not just Christmas, and feature some of the most adorable couples. I haven't read this since 2015, so I definitely need to reread it soon. I do have a full review, in which I go into detail about each individual story, if you want to know more.

2. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle
I read this one last year, after putting it off for a while after hearing some mixed reviews, and ended up really enjoying it. This book features three interconnected stories taking place during a Christmas Eve snowstorm in a small town. I absolutely loved Maureen Johnson's story, really liked John Green's story, and thought Lauren Myracle's story was just okay. As a whole though, this was a really fun, super sweet book that definitely got me in the Christmas spirit.

3. The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
This is another one I read last year and was a real surprise for me. It's a little bit odd, and took me a bit to get into, but I ended up loving it. It follows a man who struggles to juggle work and home life and claims he needs to be two places at once, who meets a homeless man outside his office and gets him a job. However, everything isn't quite as it seems. It's a great story, with a hint of fantasy/paranormal that Cecelia Ahern does so well, that has a really great message.

4. What Light by Jay Asher
As I write this I am in the process of rereading this one to see if I still love it quite as much as I did back in 2016. This is about a girl who essentially lives two lives - one during the majority of the year at her family's Christmas tree farm in Oregon, and another at Christmas at their tree lot in California. One Christmas she meets a boy, who of course has a bed reputation, and begins to fall for him. I thought this was the most adorable Christmas read.

What Christmas books would you recommend I check out next?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment