Monday 11 June 2018

Haul | May 2018



I bought some books in May. After a good start to the year, only buying a few books in the first few months, I haven't been quite as well behaved more recently. I picked up six books in May, three physical and three ebooks. Unfortunately for my bank account, this has not stopped my book buying urges so I am trying my absolute hardest to resist temptation at the moment. But more about the books I did get my hands on.

Royals by Rachel Hawkins - This is a new release about a girl whose sister becomes engaged to a Prince and she has to deal with the unwanted attention this brings for her. It sounded like so much fun that I couldn't resist picking it up, especially among all the excitement of the recent royal wedding.

Far From The Tree by Robin Benway - I have heard so many people rave about this book since its publication last year that when I saw it on offer I had to pick it up. This is about three adopted siblings who find each other after one of them attempts to find her birth mother. I have heard it is extremely emotional so I am preparing to bawl my eyes out.

Your Turn To Die by Sue Wallman - Her first book was one that I picked up completely on a whim and was so pleasantly surprised by, as I had heard no-one talking about it. When I saw her most recent release, also on offer, I decided to see if I enjoy her subsequent releases as much as her debut. I know little about this other than it is a YA mystery/thriller set over New Year.

Big Bones by Laura Dockrill - I mentioned this book in my YALC TBR as Laura is one of the many authors announced for YALC this year, which is why I picked this book up. All I know about it is that it follows a girl who is encouraged to lose weight, despite being happy with her size. I believe it's pretty hilarious, I can't wait to get around to it.

Six Stories by Matt Wesolowski - This is a really unique book that is written in the form of six interviews for a podcast. I believe these interviews revolve around a death and finding out the truth about what happened. It sounds very interesting and I have heard some great things about it.

Last Chance (Keeping The Moon) by Sarah Dessen - I have been wanting to read more Sarah Dessen for a couple of years now and decided that summer was the perfect time to pick up another of her books. This one follows a girl who is spending the summer with her aunt in a small beach town (my favourite setting). I have only read one other book by her, which I just thought was okay, so I'm interested to see why everyone loves her books so much.

Those were my six book purchases of May. I'm really excited about all of these books and can't wait to read them as soon as I get the chance to. Which one would you recommend I pick up first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment