Saturday 4 June 2016

Mini Review | Sea Of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Image and video hosting by TinyPicSea Of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2
Published By: Puffin
Published On: April 1, 2006
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 265
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ★★★

Amazon | Goodreads

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment. In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.

Wasn't as good as book one.
I enjoyed this instalment in the series but I didn't think it was a good as the first. I can't put my finger on why but it just didn't have me turning the pages as quickly, needing to know more.

Greek mythology is my favourite thing.
I still really loved the Greek mythology aspect of this series. I love Greek mythology, as I have mentioned before, and I think this is a great way to learn more about it in a more fun way. It also adds more excitement to the story.

I still love the characters.
I fell in love with the characters in book one and that did not change in book two. I also really enjoyed the new characters that were introduced, particularly Tyson.

There is never a dull moment.
These books are so action packed. There is never a chapter without some kind of monster or whatever other force Percy and the gang have to defeat. The constant action and adventure make this a very fast-paced read, full of fun and hilarious antics.

Overall, it was a good continuation to the series, but not quite as good as the first book. I'm excited to carry on with the series and see what is in store for Percy and his friends.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I enjoyed this installment, but I wasn't as captivated as I was with the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. It definitely hasn't stopped me wanting to read the rest though!
      Sophie :)

      Delete