Saturday 7 March 2015

Wrap Up & Haul | February 2015

Despite being a short month, February has actually been a pretty good month for me, both in reading and in life in general. I read a total of 6 books, just as I did in January, which has me 4 books ahead of schedule on my Goodreads goal.

My Life In February...
- I went on a weekend away with some of my best friends.
- I struggled through my first essay of this semester of uni.
- I got a nice little two week holiday from uni.
- During that two week holiday I got to spend 5 days in Dubai, one of my favourite places in the world.
- Most importantly, Grey's Anatomy started back! I am obsessed with this show!

Read In February...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(you know its been a decent reading month when you can use the same picture for both your TBR and Wrap Up. Yes, I am that lazy!)

Can't Let You Go by Jenny B Jones -
This is the fourth, and I believe last, book in the Katie Parker Productions series, which I have a mini review of here, by Jenny B Jones. I absolutely loved the first three books in the series so as soon as I found out there was a fourth, I had to buy it and read it straight away. I flew through this instalment and loved it just as much as the rest of the books in the series. It was nice to see Katie in her adulthood - she is in her twenties in this book - rather than her teenage years like the first books. These books have all been hilarious so it was no surprise that Katie's antics in the fourth book had me laughing and it was good to see how each characters' lives had moved on. 4/5

Four by Veronica Roth -
After reading Allegiant in January, I was anxious to read the novella bind up as I was not ready for the series to be over. While I had read one of the novellas already, it was good to read them with the knowledge of the characters I didn't have before reading all three books. I enjoyed all of the novellas and especially enjoyed the extra scenes from Divergent added at the end of the book from Four's point of view as it was interesting to see his side of things from the first book. 4/5

Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison -
This is the sixth book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series, of which I have been trying to read one a month. I have mentioned before that this series is not the best but the book are quick, fun reads so they are an enjoyable little read between more serious books. This one I enjoyed a little less than the others in the series so far. I found a lot of it to be quite boring and so it took me longer to read. I still enjoyed the book overall but just not as much as the previous books. 2.5/5

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by JK Rowling -
Having read the Philosopher's Stone back in July 2014, it is shameful than it has taken me so long to read the second book in the series, though not as shameful as the fact I am only just reading it for the first time at 20. I enjoyed the second book in the series more than the first as I have only seen the movie once so couldn't remember much of what happened. These books are so action packed that they are really easy reads and they are very enjoyable. 4/5

The Elite by Kiera Cass -
I read the first book in the series, The Selection, last month and as soon as I finished it I wanted to continue with the series. I didn't as I had other books to read but when I finally got around to it I flew through this book. I loved the first book and the second was no different. I love the storyline, the setting in the palace, the characters, and even the love triangle. I cannot wait to continue with the series and if the third book is as good as the first two, this will become one of my favourite series, I already can't wait for the fourth book to come out this year. 5/5

Lost and Found by Nicole Williams -
I picked this one up for free from the Kindle Store so I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it. It is about a girl who is sent by her mother to a ranch for the Summer where, big surprise, she meets a guy. As I had such low expectations, I was quite pleasantly surprised. I can't say it's the best book I have ever read but I definitely enjoyed the story and really liked the characters, especially the love interest. 3/5

Bought In February...

The Queen by Kiera Cass -
I have already mentioned that I am loving The Selection series by Kiera Cass and since I already own two of the novellas, The Prince and The Guard, I decided to get the next, The Queen. This is 0.4 in the series and I believe it follows Queen Amberly.

Playlist For The Dead by Michelle Falkoff -
I have recently discovered audiobooks so with my audible credit for the month of February I decided to get tick off book one in my Debut Author Challenge by getting the audiobook of Playlist For The Dead. This is about a boy whose best friend commits suicide and he has to try and understand why he did it.

Those are all of the books I read and bought in the month of February? Have you read any of the books I did? What did you think of the books I have bought, if you have read them already?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment