Tuesday 8 January 2019

Top Ten Tuesday | Most Anticipate Release For The First Half Of 2019


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is Most Anticipate Releases For The First Half Of 2019. There are a lot of amazing new releases this year that I am super excited for. The majority of the books featured in this list are YA Contemporary Romance, my most read genre, but I promise there are new releases in other genres I'm excited for. All dates shown are expected publication dates in the UK.


1. Two Can Keep A Secret by Karen M McManus - Jan 8th
I enjoyed Karen M McManus' debut One Of Us Is Lying so I'm excited for her second book. This is another mystery/thriller about a girl who has to move to a small town with a lot of secrets, where a girl goes missing just as her aunt did years before. It sounds creepy, I'm excited.

2. The Love & Lies Of Rukhsana Ali by Sabina Khan - Jan 29th
This is a contemporary romance about a girl in a very conservative Muslim family who, after being caught kissing her girlfriend, is sent to Bangladesh and into an arranged marriage. This premise sounds really interesting and I love when books feature cultures I'm unfamiliar with and learning more about them.

3. Fame, Fate, And The First Kiss by Kasie West - Feb 5th
It's Kasie West, do I need to say anything else? She is one of my favourite authors, of course this is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. This follows a girl who is finally getting her big acting break in a movie, with some relationship drama, family drama and a bit of sabotage thrown in.

4. Fierce Fragile Hearts by Sara Barnard - Feb 7th
This is a follow up to Beautiful Broken Things, a book I read last year and really enjoyed. Sara Barnard is quickly becoming a favourite author of mine, I can't wait to read more from her. This picks up two years after the events in the first book and follows Suzanne. 

5. A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson - May 2nd
I met Holly at YALC last year and hearing her talk about her debut novel made me so excited to pick it up. It's a mystery/thriller about a girl who is researching a closed murder case for a school assignment but uncovers some secrets.

6. Serious Moonlight by Jen Bennett - May 16th
This is about a very sheltered girl who gets a job at a hotel and, along with a boy who also works there, tries to uncover the mystery of a famous reclusive author. I haven't read anything by Jenn Bennett yet but this synopsis totally intrigued me. 

7. Going Off Script by Jen Wilde - May 21st
Another author I haven't read anything from before but I was intrigued by the synopsis. This follows a girl who is interning at her favourite TV show when a writer steals her work and passes it off as his own, but making her lesbian character straight. I believe this is her trying to fight for her character and for diversity in media. It sounds really great.

8. Field Notes On Love by Jennifer E Smith - May 30th
Jennifer E Smith is another one of my favourite authors and this definitely sounds like my kind of book. It is about a boy who is going on a trip across the US but needs a new travel companion, and one with the same name as his ex-girlfriend. It then follows the two strangers as they take the trip together, getting to know each other, and inevitably falling for each other.

9. Tell Me How You Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi - Jun 11th
This follows two girls, one of whom, Rachel, is casting for her film project and knows her perfect lead is our other main character, Sana. However, Rachel hates Sana after Sana asked her out, which she believes to have been a cruel prank. Despite taking me a while to get my head around, this premise seems really interesting.

I read my first Brigid Kemmerer book last year and enjoyed it, so I expect to really enjoy this one. It follows two characters with a lot of home issues, as her books tend to have. Rob's father is caught embezzling money from the town and after a failed suicide attempt, Rob is having to care for him. Maegan is an overachiever with a secret and pregnant sister who is trying to keep it from her parents. They are brought together by a school project. I can't wait to read this!

Those are my top ten most anticipated (mostly contemporary romance) releases of the first half of the year. There are just so many books great sounding books, my TBR pile is never going to stop growing.

What upcoming releases are you most looking forward to?

Sophie :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to "The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali," too. It sounds wonderful.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete