Thursday 10 January 2019

2018 | Bookish Statistics

I am a little bit in love with bookish statistics. I got excited about the end/beginning of the year because I knew that people all over the internet would be sharing their bookish statistics for me to enjoy. It's sad, I know. However, for those of you that are anything like me, please enjoy my 2018 reading statistics.




Number Of Books Read...
- In Total: 67
- Under 250 Pages: 11
- Between 251-399: 44
- Between 400-449: 8
- Between 450- 499: 3
- Over 500: 1

Number Of Pages Read...
- In Total: 20,910

Number Of...
- Hardcovers: 2
- Paperbacks: 19
- eBooks: 29
- Audiobooks: 17
- Re-reads: 5
- DNFs: 1
- New Releases: 27
- Backlist Titles: 40

Number Of Books Rated...
- 5 Stars: 6
- 4.5 Stars: 2
- 4 Stars: 24
- 3.5 Stars: 7
- 3 Stars: 17
- 2.5 Stars: 5
- 2 Stars: 6
- 1.5 Stars: 0
- 1 Star: 0

Authors Read...
- Male: 8
- Female: 52
- Other/Mixed: 7

Number Of...
- Adult Books: 10
- YA Books: 55
- Middle Grade: 2
- YA Contemporary: 42
- Adult Contemporary: 3
- Fantasy/Dystopian/Sci-fi: 8
- Historial Fiction: 1
- Mystery/Thriller: 5
- Non-Fiction: 5
- Poetry: 1

This & That
- Happiest: Super Awkward by Beth Garrod

- Longest By Pages: City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare (506 pages)
- Shortest By Pages: Quidditch Through The Ages by JK Rowling (129 pages)
- Longest By Title: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Shortest By Title: Toxic by Nicci Cloke
- Longest From Buying To Reading: Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
- Shortest From Buying To Reading: The Twelve Days Of Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

- First Read Of 2018: Unboxed by Non Pratt
- Last Read Of 2018: The Twelve Days Of Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
- First On Your Bookcase: Life & Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer
Last On Your Bookcase: No Place To Hide by Susan Lewis

Some of theses statistics are really quite interesting and unexpected. I read more eBooks than anything else this year, which is really unusual for me. I also read a lot more new releases than I usually do. I had more 5 star reads than I have had in while and I am thrilled to see 4 stars was my most common rating by quite a large margin, it's usually 3. I am disappointed to see I didn't have a lot of variety in terms of genre, the vast majority of my reading was YA Contemporary. It's not much of a surprise, as that is my most read and favourite genre, but I would like to do better in 2019.

I hope you found this as interesting as I do.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment