Wednesday 27 November 2019

I'm Back & A Few Changes

Oh my days, life has been crazy! I am so sad that I have had to basically neglect this blog for the majority of this year, but so many life changes meant that I had to prioritise everything else going on. However, things are hopefully starting to settle down and I'm back into some kind of routine so I am hoping this will mean I can get back into the blogging game.

While I am so excited to be back, there are some things that I want to change. During my break from blogging, I realised there were some things that I just don't enjoy about it. I was so focused on trying to do what is expected of a book blogger that I didn't bother to think about whether or not those were things I enjoyed. I have decided that, since this is purely a hobby for me, my main focus should be the things I enjoy and I shouldn't put pressure on myself to do the things I "should" be doing.

As much as this may go against everything a book blogger should be, I hate writing reviews. I have always felt this incredible pressure to try to review all of the books I read and never felt like I was doing a good enough job, probably because it always felt like a chore. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to stop reviewing book completely. I just think I need to calm it down a bit and just review books when I have something to say. It is so hard, I feel, to write a full review for a 3 star, totally average, nothing special book when I can sum up my thoughts in a short paragraph in my wrap up. So, from now on, I will still be posting the odd review, but I will not be trying to review everything I read.

The other thing I am wanting to change is incorporating other topics. I love reading and always will, but I have other things I love and want to talk about. I have been doing this a little bit through my 'What I've Been Watching' posts, and I would like to include more TV/movies content, as well as some other things I enjoy.

So basically, I'm back but expect a few small changes around here.

What kind of things would you like to see on this blog?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment