Tuesday 18 September 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is Book's On My Fall TBR. As I have mentioned many times, I rarely stick to any TBR lists that I make but I like to make them anyway. There are a few books I have been wanting to get to for a while, as well as some thrillers that I have been putting off until this time of year, so let's hope I can get to them this season.

1. Giant Days by Non Pratt - I love to read a college/university themed book around 'Back To School' time and as I have just started back at university, this seems like the perfect book to read soon.

2. Easy Prey by Catherine Lo - An October release that I won an ARC of at YALC. This is about a photo leak scandal involving a teacher.

3. Dare To Fall by Estelle Maskame - I have read all of Estelle's other books, and loved them, so I need to get around to this one soon. I don't really know what this is about but I expect to love it.

4. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L Armentrout - This is a YA thriller about two friends that go missing but only one comes back. It is up to her to work out what happened and where her friend is, but she can't remember anything.

5. I Stop Somewhere by TE Carter - I like some dark contemporaries in the Fall and this is definitely dark. It follows a girl who has been sexually assaulted, but I don't know much more than that.

6. City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare - I'm still determined to finish this series by the end of the year but I'm not sure how likely that is. I at least want to get to the third book.

7. Panic by Lauren Oliver - I have owned this book for far too long, I need to finally read it! I know very little about this other than it involves a high stakes game in a small town.

8. Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris - This is an adult thriller that I have been hearing some good things about. It sounds to me like a domestic thriller about a seemingly perfect couple hiding some secrets 'behind closed doors'.

9. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - This has been on my Fall TBR for a couple of years now but I'm hoping now that it has been adapted I'll have that extra motivation to finally pick it up.

10. Illuminae by Aime Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - I tend to be more in the mood to read Sci-Fi & Fantasy during the colder months and this is one that keeps catching my eye when I'm looking for my next read.

That is my Fall TBR. Will I read these books? Not likely. What are you hoping to read during the next few months?

Sophie :)

12 comments:

  1. I really love Illuminae. I want to re-read that and the second book though so I can finally read the third book. We'll see when that happens! LOL Sharp Objects is a good one- though Dark Places is my favorite by the author.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so drawn to Illuminae every time I look at my shelves! Sharp Objects is the only one of Gillian Flynn's books I haven't read, Dark Objects is my favourite so far as well.

      Delete
  2. The Illuminae Files trilogy is great, it's so action packed and the format is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The format is definitely what made me want to give it a go. I love books with an interesting format so hopefully I'll love Illuminae.

      Delete
  3. I've never read anything by Cassandra Clare but have heard good things about her work. I need to fix that some day. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only picked up City Of Bones because of all the amazing things I heard about Cassandra Clare. I don't love her work as much as a lot of people seem to, but I have only read the first two books in TMI so there is still a chance.

      Delete
  4. I'm really curious about Armentrout's work! I hope you love your picks! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started her Lux series but didn't love it. I'm hoping I will enjoy Don't Look Back more with it being a different genre.

      Delete
  5. lol I love your honesty about "Sharp Objects". I have had so many books on my list for years and years - but it's such a satisfying feeling when you do finnaly read it! Good luck with your Fall TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are too many books that have been sat on my shelves just waiting to be read for so long, I wish I had the time to just sit and read them all.

      Delete
  6. I liked Panic. And Sharp Objects is one I want to read as well- I need to try Gillian Flynn at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed things about Panic but it definitely seems like something I would enjoy. I really enjoyed the two other Gillian Flynn books I have read so I would recommend giving her a go.

      Delete