Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!
This week is a freebie giving everyone the opportunity to talk about whatever their heart desires. I thought this would be a good opportunity to give myself a bit of a kick up the backside. One of my goals for the year is to finish 5 series. We are now in April and I have yet to finish one series this year! So let's make a list of all of the series I really need to finish soon so you can give me some encouragement to get them read.
1. Unwind dystology by Neal Shusterman - I have been meaning to finish this series for so long! I've got to the stage now where I know I'll need to reread the first two before continuing and I think that's what is putting me off.
2. Pushing The Limits series by Katie McGarry - I only started this series last year so I don't feel quite as bad about not having finished this. It is one I definitely want to continue with this year but I'm not sure I'll finish it.
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han - This series would be so easy to finish as I own both books 2 & 3 and their both pretty short. I just need to finally get around to it!
4. Sisterhood series by Ann Brashares - I read the first book last year and loved it. I definitely want to pick up more of these books in the summer, they're perfect summer reads! They're really quick reads as well so I could easily marathon the rest of the series if I find the time.
5. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - This series is one I have kind of gone off a little bit. I have read the first two books and I think I just needed a bit of a break from it. I want to finish it eventually, hopefully soon, but I'm not sure it'll happen this year.
6. DIMILY trilogy by Estelle Maskame - This is probably the series I am most desperate to finish. I read book one last year and wanted to continue straight away. Now that I have the last two books I just need to get a move on and finish the series.
7. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - I had initially planned on reading all of this series this year, including rereading book one. However, after two books my plan fell apart a little bit. I still really hope to finish it this year though, fingers crossed.
8. The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare - I haven't actually started this series yet but it goes along with my plan for TMI. I'm planning to read the two series' in publication order so in order to finish TMI, I need to finish this series first.
9. Dash & Lily duology by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan - I read Dash & Lily's Book Of Dares back in December, not realising that it had a sequel. I didn't love the first book but I'm interested to see where the story goes so I will pick up the second book, hopefully this year.
10. St Clares series by Enid Blyton - This is a series I read a little bit of as a child but never finished. I now have the complete collection and started re-reading them last year, however only read one book before forgetting about it. These books are so short that I can definitely read all of them this year.
Those are the top ten series that I need to finish as soon as possible, five of which I need to finish this year in order to complete my challenge. If there is a series on my list that you think I really need to finish right now, please pester me to do so! I need the encouragement/bullying to make me pick them up!
What series do you really need to finish soon?